Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Mikaelis

Almost a month has past and I clearly remember myself complaining about people staring at me all the time. But compared to these past days, the staring at the very beginning was nothing. I mean, I somehow was already used to it but not to this extent.

Constant sighs left my mouth when I took a walk around the campus for the first time by myself. It was difficult adjusting to a whole different environment. After all my life basically beinng locked up at home, I feel like a clueless idiot.

I should have left way sooner. Now that my coronation was already coming, it was too late. Should I even return? My mind was wandering off as I was settling down on the hill admiring the color of the blossoming flowers. It always helped me calm down. Just the nature as itself was enough to let me feel at ease.

As the soft wind brushed through my face, I felt a light weight on my head, followed by something pinching my scalp. "Alba, I know it's you," I chuckled and waved him off my head which made him change his position to my shoulder.

I gently took her in my hand and stroked her. "Nice to see you again." I smiled, seeing her so healthy and lively. "Why are you even still bothering yourself with me? Just go on and be free," I sighed. Maybe she was still feeling like she was in my debt. But instead, she should just do whatever she wanted to. "You grew a lot since the first time I saw you."

Maybe I should go get something to eat, now. Lunch break should be over soon.

Therefore, I got up to head to the cafeteria while Alba decided to explore the woods on her own again. It was getting cold outside anyway. As I was on the way to get myself something to eat, I heard some noises from the corner of the hallway.

I played with the thought of finding out where the noise was coming from or just ignoring it. My curiosity didn't let go of me and thus I had to follow my instinct.

That's when a hunch of suspicion uprised in me. The noises got louder, turned into voices of two... no three students. What was going on? Why were they hiding?

My eyes widened when I spotted the scene that was playing in front of me. My senses didn't deceive me when I said that there were three people. Two guys tormenting another who didn't seem like having the strength to fight back. In fact, his face was already bruised and I didn't want to imagine what else they did to him.

As one of the culprit reached back to land another hit on his face, I managed to catch his fist just in time, stubbornly clawing my hand on his once I put myself between them.
"What do you think you're doing?" I scolded the grey haired guy who tugged his hand out of my grasp. Judged by the impact of that hit, it could've easily broken the guy's nose.

He widened his eyes in surprise. "What the hell? Mind your business, you little brat!" He pushed me away or at least he tried to but I didn't budge from guarding the smaller one.

"If you have a problem with him then you can find other ways to solve it than to hurt him," I narrowed my eyes.

"And what are you gonna do about it," the other guy, a red haired, provocated.

I crossed my arms and challenged him with my gaze. "Nothing."

"Nothing?" He laughed. "Are you trying to scare us?" The red head grabbed my collar and raised his hand.

"No, I'm not going to do anything. You are not deaf, are you?" I raised an eyebrow.

That seemed to trigger him as his fist collided with my cheek. A sharp pain burned from where he hit me, causing me to step away for a second before stepping back in front of him, ignoring the fact that he just hit me. "Do you feel better now?" I questioned. "If you do then leave the guy alone."