Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Mikaelis

I had been avoiding Rei since what happened yesterday, seeing as I had no idea how to approach him without coming off too awkward. And every time I saw his face, I was automatically reminded about how I lost control yesterday.

Anyway, on the good side, my heat had finally subsided. However, the fact that I had a family dinner were I was forced to have a talk with my parents was offsetting me to a state of anxiety. Therefore, I actually wanted to settle things between Rei and I first.

... if I could just find him. I haven't seen him for hours now.

As I was moving through the corridors in means of finding him I accidentally ran into Minato who seemed like he was looking for me.

"Prince Mikaelis. I have been looking for you," he confirmed my assumption. "The dinner will be in an hour so I was going to help prepare."

"Hm okay. I was currently looking for Rei. Have you seen him?" I wondered.

"The last time I saw him was with Dominique I think. They were having a serious and heated conversation so I didn't feel like bothering them was a good idea." I nodded at that and followed him to my room where I saw my clothes I was going to wear already hung up neatly.

Also the bathtub was filled with hot water so all that was still left to do was to pull off my clothes and step in. I was immediately engulfed in the calming water that my sore muscles instantly relaxed from the high temperature. "Well that is what I missed," I sighed.

"You never came to tell me how it was. You went to an academy, right?"

"Mhm, it was nice," I nodded when I noticed Minato spilling a little shampoo on my scalp. "I met a lot of people, even made some friends and got to learn what is like to be in an actual class. Also, I can swim a little bit."

"Sounds as if you had fun," I could hear his smile merely from his words as he massaged the shampoo in my hair.

"Yeah, I really did. I wish I could have stayed there a little longer. Nonetheless, there were a lot of bad things that happened, too. You know I angered a guy who got it back at me and put me in a risk of death which made Rei snap. I don't know what went on with him, but he probably would have killed him if I hadn't had stopped him."

I played with the gathering foam from the water surface and twirled my finger in them. "What happened then?"

"Afterwards was the worst part for me though. It was when he was put into confinement. There I realized that I couldn't do without him and therefore agreed to be his mate."

"You really love him, hm? I hope you are aware that everyone will be against it. Because as far as I know your parents still want you to inherite the throne but I don't think they'd accept it with Reiji being your mate."

"They'll just have to accept. Besides I'm not planning on letting Mother and Father choose anyone I'm told to marry either. So, they either take it as it is or just leave it be completely."

Later when we finished up, I put on my creme colored blazer jacket and pants with extra gold details on the shoulders and buttons and engravings that made them look really expensive which they probably were. The red band that was put across my torso and the brooch pinned on the hight of my left chest was a sign of my high royal rank.

Minato passed me some pair of fitting gloves that I put on once he brushed my hair and braided the upper part of my hair so that it wouldn't be falling in my face, given how long they were now again. "Maybe I should cut my hair again. I kinda liked them short," I muttered.