Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Mikaelis

When I woke up in bed next to Rei this morning, during breakfast, during class and even during my breaks, I just couldn't stop thinking about what Rei said last night. About how sex between males work. It was on the one side really horrifying and the other really intriguing.

It felt like a serious predicament. I really wanted to mate with Rei. Yet it was too scary for me to even imagine it. And the time I spend for thinking about it was just a waste of my time since they weren't leading me anywhere. It was so obvious that I wasn't paying attention to anything else that the teacher had to admonish me to make me listen. One way or another, I ended up losing focus again.

Afterwards, being at Magic Ed, where I shouldn't easily drift off, I thought it was finally something to distract me from my thoughts.

But I ended up forgetting that I had to work in a group of two which I did with Dora and therefore accidently got hit by something and I ended up falling, landing on my butt.

"Boy, what is just up with you?" Dora wondered and reached out a hand to me to help me back up.

"Uh I..." I left my words hanging while brushing off the dirt from my pants. "Oh nothing." I waved away. I didn't think it was the right thing to talk about with anyone besides Rei. Thus, I ended up keeping it to myself. "Sorry for getting distracted, should we continue?"

She threw me a sceptical glance and shook her head. "Maybe we should practice on our own for a bit beforehand. Else I end up hitting you worse than that," she suggested.

"Yeah you're right," I nodded. We didn't even have to do anything special. It was just practicing controlling the amount of magic to do certain task. However, with my mind wandering from A to B, I could also count myself as useless for now.

It was that bad that everyone seemed to notice something off. From the things that had already happened, more following incidents like running against random people, almost forgetting to close my locker or mishearing people, also teachers, who tried to approach me had awaited me.

Hence, when class ended I was just relieved I was able to settle down and maybe sort my thoughts out when we were already at it. But before I noticed, I felt a sudden flick against my forehead.

"Ouch," I hissed. More from surprise than from from pain, though. I looked up seeing Rei with crossed arms, glaring down at me.

"I've been calling you the whole time. The hell, how could you not hear me?" He rolled his eyes while I remained silence. "What are you thinking about? I heard that you even bumped into Zilv without noticing. Three times!" He sighed and joined the free spot next to me. "Are you still thinking about what I said yesterday?"

"Maybe?" I shrugged. "Maybe." His gaze dropped in disappointment when the repeating word left my lips.

"So, you won't mate with me, okay I see. What's there to do?" He got up, ready return to where he was coming from but I instantly grabbed his hand and pulled him back down.

"No, no that's not it. I never said that. Don't keep jumping to conclusions." He glanced back at me in confusion and pulled me up, dragging me to some place more private. As we were still being on the campus I wondered where he was leading me to, but the spot he brought me to seemed rather like a place no one would voluntarily spend their time at.

"Are you planning to kidnap me here?" I stared at the bushes, hiding the what seems like a rather spooky place. "That's really not necessary, I'd come with you anyway."

"Shut up babe, this is the closest place I found," he chuckled. He wasn't as upset as before anymore but the atmosphere became nonetheless serious. "You really don't want to sleep with me, right?"