Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Mikaelis

I don't know how but I somehow happen to overhear my alarm ringing. School started in ten minutes and here I am still laying in bed.

Which all in all meant, I was late.

The moment I realize that I jumped up in panic and started putting on some clothes and brushing my teeth in hurry. I also remembered Dora saying that I should go get breakfast with her but I guess she must have gone without me already.

And the most frustrating thing that annoyed me was that I somehow lost Alba. I left the window open yesterday and Alba must've flown out on it's own at some time. And in addition, I didn't have time to look for her.

I sighed, trying to calm down and I hurried out after packing my bag. My next problem though was that I had no idea where my first class was. I was already almost twenty minutes too late and I still had to look for my classroom.

...talk about a good day.

My first class was Literature and it seemed to be in room 67. It thankfully didn't take long to find it since the rooms where clearly numbered. But even after finding the room, I was just standing in front of the door, as I was too frightened to actually touch the door handle.

What if it was the wrong room? Did I ruin my first impression by coming to late? Probably. Will the teacher be mad? Probably. But whatever was going to happen, there was no turning back anymore.

With a last breath, I knocked on the door and opened it, meeting a room full of students basically staring at me like I was an unknown living being. Even the teacher was a bit perplexed, seeing an unfamiliar face. "Can I help you?" He spoke. He was really hairy on the face, having a long black grayish beard on his face.

"I-is this the literature class?" I stuttered a bit.

The teacher nodded. "Oh right, I was already told that we were supposed to have a new student today," he remembered. "I'm Mr. Hansworth. Would you like to introduce yourself? For instance, your name age were you are from."

"Yeah well," I looked back at the class. "I'm Mika Devens and decided to graduate my last year of high school here. I hope we can all get along."

Directly after I finished my sentence the students started whispering to each other about me. "Nice to meet you, I guess. You can just take a seat wherever you please to," he motioned.

I gulped and nodded looking around. There were not many free places, three to be exact. One next to blond girl who didn't seem to be paying attention, another next to a maroon haired guy and the last was next to a blue-haired girl who was smiling at me like she wanted me to sit next to her. So, of course I couldn't just ignore her and decided take that seat.

She was still smiling at me when I settled on the table beside her. "I'm Mirelle by the way. Thanks for sitting next to me," she introduce herself. I smiled at her at that. She seemed really nice judged by my first expression.

"So, everyone," the teacher started. "Who would like to give your new classmate a quick revision of what we're doing right now?" Some students were raising there hands as the teacher picked one out.

"We are currently discussing about the ending of Shakespeare's Drama Hamlet in which Hamlet and Laertes confronted themselves in a duel at the end of their dispute," the student answered.

"Have you already read Hamlet?" The teacher directed at me.

"Yes, I have," he nodded.

"Good, then I guess you can easily follow us." And that was how he basically talked a whole lot about it but I didn't really listen to it. Because for one, I already analyzed the book with my teacher and because Mirelle was too fond for a conversation with me.