Chapter 36

Chapter 36 ~ Epilogue 1; Coronation day

Mikaelis

"Mikaelis! Stop throwing a tantrum and get this on, please," Minato pleaded me.

"Minato, get out for a minute," I dropped all of the sudden, causing him to widen his eyes.

"B-but we are running late. Everyone already arrived and they're gathering in the hall. Yet you haven't even dressed up." He tried his best to change my mind but my head was just bursting right now and I was just seeking for peace for at least a couple of minutes.

"I'm not repeating myself," I rubbed my forehead and pointed at the door. "Give me twenty minutes. No one is allowed to come in. You heard me? No one!"

"But-" I glared at him which made him shut up instantly. "Yes, I understand," he bowed down before he locked to the door behind him.

I let out an exhausted sigh in relief the moment I heard the door click. The stress was driving me insane, really. Never had I ever experienced such intensity of stress than in the past week. I just needed a moment to calm down. And I didn't particularly care that I was keeping everyone waiting.

It was just a blink of an eye until I'd be crowned as the King of Coelus Divada and another until the bonding ceremony. At least a couple minutes, I deserve some rest for at least a couple minutes.

And fact is that I haven't seen Rei for a few weeks now. The circumstances didn't allow me to, thus I was even more on edge. That was also why I savored this time in which I closed my eyes and laid down.

Unfortunately, the time passed by way too quickly, I realized as soon as someone knocked at the door. "Prince, can I come in now?" I already knew it was Minato even before he said something which is why I took the time to open the door myself after getting up. "Are you alright?" He worried.

"I'm fine," I turned away and started pulling off my clothes to change into my new attire. "I hope I didn't cause too much trouble."

"If we hurry up and apologize, it should be fine." He said so easily despite knowing that there were still a lot of people who had their doubts with me. I was currently making a terrible first impression but I didn't exactly know whether I should care or not. 

After I finished undressing, Minato took the time to brush my hair before he made sure that my appearance was good enough to let me go. "Thank you for your patience," I lowered my head in front of him but was surprised when he shook his head.

"Please, stop doing that," he made me look back up again. "The future king shouldn't be bowing for his subordinates."

"Right," I smiled. "But I guess for a friend it should be fine."

"You're too good to me," he sighed with a smile and opened the door for me. "Are we going now?" I rolled my eyes and grabbed his arm before I dragged him along the hallways in the direction of the big hall but before we could reach it, I heard a mob of different voices approaching us.

The voices sounded familiar. A little too familiar as I noticed when we reached the corner.

And the abrupt moment once I recognize from whom it came from, I instinctively let go of Minato and rushed over, just to see everyone, my friends and Rei talking to them with his back faced to me. Mirelle, Dora, Fel, Lysos, Zilv they were all here. And their eyes widened as soon as they realized that it was me.

"Mika?" Dora gasped when Rei instantly turned around. I couldn't help but to feel at ease despite the excitement running through me when our eyes met again.

"Mik," he smiled. "Uh we were just about to finish our little tour around here, I hope you don't mind we didn't disturb, I swear." I rolled my eyes at what he said but couldn't help the laugh. "Nah I'm kidding, c'mon here," he spread his arms open that I didn't hesitate to lock myself in them, feeling the comfortable warmth and his familiar pheromones around me.