Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Mikaelis

I should avoid the Devil, huh? That's going to be difficult, seeing as I don't know who the Devil is. I guess, if he's that remarkable then I would notice.

Anyway my next class was Botanic. Sadly, from all the people I got to know, no one had that class with me which meant, I was on my own for now.

When I attended my class, I was quite early. There were only a few students and the teacher present. So, I headed straight for the teacher.

"You are the new student?" The woman with dark brown hair, eyes and long green dress looked up in curiosity. "Mika Devens, right?"

"Good, you can take a seat right there. It's the only one free." I nodded and thanked her for not letting me introduce myself for the second time.

The students came in one after another within the next five minutes, no one noticing me as the seats where beginning to get occupied. Every one besides the one right beside me. I assumed that I wasn't stuck with a partner until the door suddenly opened.

In an instant, heavy and dark pheromones surrounded me. My eyes were immediately fixed at the door, wondering which person was carrying such heavy pheromones.

"Please mister," the teacher warned looking at the door once the guy with jet black hair and dark eyes stepped in. He was wearing a simple leather jacket, black ripped jeans and white shoes. When from one second to another the heavy weight of his pheromones released itself from my back.

"My mistake," he raised his hand with a smirk when the teacher shook her head at him. I realized, as he was on the way to me, that the seat just next to me was probably his. Though he didn't notice myself sitting there, not even after he comfortably sat down once the teacher started with the lesson.

I didn't even bother making myself noticeable. He wasn't looking like, or giving that feeling that he wanted someone to talk to. Therefore, I just focussed on the class.

"So today, we are going to continue with an experiment with the Tentapularia plant we got to know last lesson and produce our own heal serum," she said while placing a small plant that moved its leaves like tentacles and the indegrients on everyone's desk. "Partner up with your deskmates and utilize the recipe in the book on page 255."

And there was the first problem, from all the hurry this morning, I happen to forget my books.

"Hey uhm, could we perhaps use your book, please. I unfortunately forgot mine," I tapped the half sleeping guy awake who opened his eyes, observing me. I guess that was the first time he really noticed me. After what seemed like a minute of a check up for him, he got his book out and placed it on the table. "Thanks."

I focussed back on the experiment since I had never done an actual one like this before. That's why I was excited enough to eagerly open the page and start following the recipe.

I admired the plant for a while when I had to cut out a piece. But I felt really bad for cutting of one of its tentacle leaves. Especially after it started crying when I did.

"Don't worry about their cries. It doesn't actually hurt them, they just don't like it," the teacher assured. Of course they wouldn't like it. We were technically cutting a piece of their body. So, that didn't change my feeling for pity towards it.

Therefore, I slowly stroked it's leaves, adding some of my energy when the plant finally calmed down in satisfaction, making me be at peace to continue my work.

"Remember, the darker the green of your serum turns, the better it is," the teacher again interfered. "As long as the serum is not green, then you are not to test it out, just for safety reasons."