Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Minato

It was just one night. One night it took for everyone to notice Prince Mikaelis' absence. And one night that I've never seen so chaotic before. It felt close to destruction of the kingdom. Believe me if I say that I had never been so terrified like that.

It was hard to explain what really happened because there were just too many things that occured at the same time. I couldn't tell how they noticed, but what everyone surely did was Queen Adeline bursting out of Mikaelis' bedroom, screaming in anger and despair.

"WHERE THE HELL IS MIKAELIS??!" She ran around like a mad woman early in the morning, knocking down every possible door and drew attention from every of our dwellers.

"Mother! Would you please take the time to calm down? What is the matter?" The oldest Prince Dominique stopped her in tracks and tried to get a hold of the situation.

"Get out the way," she pushed her son aside and was about to continue opening the next door.

"Adeline!" King Everett striked her, gripping her two arms to force her in place. He was the only person the Queen loyally listened to objectionless. "What rockus are you causing in the early morning, waking me from my healthy sleep?!" He groaned.

"Oh shut up and your damn sleep! Spare to bloody tell me why my son is nowhere to be found?!" She freaked out on him.

"What do you mean 'is nowhere to be found'?" The King was slightly overwhelmed at her words as it took a moment for him to realize what she said. "You mean-"

And when it finally settled in, Queen Adeline interrupted him. "YES!" She hissed and took a calming breath. "Yes, I mean. Mikaelis has gone missing."

Everett's eyes stuck to his wife for a few seconds until he believed her words. His gaze determinedly switched to Dominique who was still standing there in shock. "You shall let everyone know. Everybody and every one in this entire kingdom is strictly obligated to search for my son and every little detail of evidence, every person that has witnessed my son's disappearance must come and whoever remains silent in knowledge shall be doomed and punished." His voice filled with authority and superiority chased goosebumps up my neck.

"Understood," Dominique left as quick as his father turned around, heading back and leaving Adeline in worry.

Unfortunately, her eyes wandered around for a second where she found me, hiding and eavesdropping in the corner. "You!" She pointed at me. "You definitely know where he went to!"

"I-I-," I stuttered in the matter of moments. She stormed towards me, grabbed my collar but thankfully she was summoned for a talk with our elders.

I sighed in relief when she let go of me and left, not without leaving me a warning stare.

And there I was, alone, considering my next move. I bit my lips, and went ahead to do my regular daily chores, averting the suspicion away from me while trying to figure out what I should do.

"Minato." Aylenne, the maid that was responsible for Prince Dominique, approached me to help with the work. "I know you have something to do with the absence of the prince, I'm not stupid."

I hesitated, knowing that lying to her wouldn't make any sense. First of all, she always knew whenever I wasn't being honest with her and second, there wasn't anything I could gain from mistrusting her.

"As your friend, I'll suggest to turn yourself in. So you wouldn't get in trouble. As harsh as it sounds, you should just blame it on Mikaelis."

I stopped in tracks and looked at her like she was out of her mind. "You aren't serious. Aylenne, Mikaelis is my top priority, this is my job. You as Dominique's servant should understand the most!"