Season 2: Chapter 14 - Pt 1

Everyone held their breath the moment the match between Uchiha Sasuke and Akadou Yoroi began. The Uchiha had become pinned to the ground by his opponent, mere moments into the match.

“What the…?! How the heck could Sasuke let that guy get the upper hand like that?!” Naruto practically shouted.

Akio’s furred ears perked forward in interest, “Hmm, that technique…”

Hisayo, too, had taken interest in the opponent which continued to keep Sasuke on the floor with blue chakra swirling all around his hand and over the Uchiha’s forehead, “Sensei, is that…?”

Akio merely nodded, to which Naruto began to question, “What? What is it?”

“Chakra absorption.” Akio explained.

“You’re certain?”

Akio nodded a ‘yes’ in reply to Kakashi who hadn’t averted his gaze from his fighting student, “We’ve seen this a time or two in the past…Such a rare thing to come across in a shinobi—to be able to use one’s own chakra to absorb another’s.”

Both Sakura’s and Naruto’s eyes went wide in concern, and Naruto looked back down at his teammate who looked just about ready to pass out, “Sasuke!” he yelled, “What the heck do you think you’re doing?! Stop acting like an idiot and fight back!”

‘Tch, he’s the one being an idiot—being so loud like that.’ Sasuke gritted his teeth, ‘But the idiot’s right; I need to fight back, but how? I can’t use anything that requires chakra or that mark will react and put me in an even worse spot…Still, I need to at least…’ He tightened his hand into a fist, ‘put some distance between me and this guy!’ He inwardly exclaimed as he put as much force as he could muster (without using any chakra) into a kick;

“Get…off!”

Yoroi was forced to let go of his hold, flying back several feet as Sasuke landed his kick. With laborious breaths, Sasuke then proceeded to get himself back onto his feet and ready himself for another attack.

“This is a tricky opponent for him to deal with…” Akio nearly whispered as they all continued to watch.

Hisayo nodded her head, “He can’t use his chakra to fight back…Not in his condition…Not with that mark…”

Yoroi then ran forward, concentrating his chakra around his hand again before shooting his hand out in several attempts to take hold of the Uchiha again. Sasuke dodged as best as he could, but was still grazed by the chakra, causing him to lose his strength, once again. Yoroi then leapt back, dodging the kick made by Sasuke, chuckling at the boy’s attempts to keep his distance.

Sasuke glanced over his shoulder in irritation of hearing Naruto yelling at him once again, and his eyes landed on Rock Lee whom he had faced the day the exams had started. An idea then struck him, giving him a new sense of confidence.

“This isn’t the time for you to be looking away!” Yoroi exclaimed as he took the opportunity to dash forward with his hand glowing blue with his chakra.

Sasuke quickly put his full attention back to his fight and dodged Yoroi a handful of times before seeming to disappear from sight, throwing Yoroi into sudden confusion. It was at that moment in his pausing to locate his opponent that he was sent flying skyward by a solid kick under his chin from below, before he too went airborne; gaining surprise and interest from many of the shinobi observing. Sasuke was now beneath Yoroi, and about to execute his next moves in follow-up of his first, but his body went ridged in pain as the curse seal activated.

Akio’s emerald eyes quickly glanced over to Kakashi to see if he might take any action like he had said, as the mark was now expanding up the Uchiha’s neck and over his face. Upon looking back to the fight, his eyes widened slightly at the sight of the mark retreating back to its original state, allowing Sasuke to continue in his fight.