Season 2: Chapter 8

She could smell him…could smell both the dried and fresh blood.

She inwardly rolled her eyes as she continued to stay hidden as he exited the Hokage’s Mansion. Of course, he had to get himself hurt doing something as simple as a C-ranked mission—and she pointedly remembered that she had given him warning over such a thing. Typical that words of warning against getting injured during a mission as simple as his held no meaning to the man that she was now tailing from the shadows.

She had wisely decided that a few days of rest back at the village they had been stationed in at the border was needed; well aware of the fact that her Chunin (or anyone else apart from Naruto) didn’t heal quite as quickly as she did. It had been around two days now since she herself had returned from the mission given to her and the trio of Chunin.

Suzume had been taken to the hospital first to get her ribs checked up on and as her sensei had predicted, the red-head had a couple of fractured ribs. It was nothing a few weeks of rest with very light duty wouldn’t cure, but even then, she would have to be careful in the future. The final task that they had left to do, was report in to the Hokage and notify him of the situation at the border; leaving the Third to decide how to go about dealing with said situation.

Afterwards, the remainder of the group (Suzume was still at the hospital for undergoing a few test to make sure there were no underlying problems) split off to their homes to rest up as the Hokage had given them the time off to rest.

So now Hisayo was finding herself stalking someone…great.

‘It’s not stalking, I’m simply observing…like that really sounds any better.’ Hisayo’s brows twitched lightly in annoyance over herself and her behavior.

 She would have never done such a thing such as this before. Instead, she’d either ignore him until he found her, or waited for him to appear before her at a familiar place; then she’d scold him over any injury and be done with it. She growled at herself, knowing why she was acting so differently.

She was curious now and had to confirm that the reason for all the times in the past that she had had those moments of tingling, warm, and at times, bubbling feelings were because of that. She wasn’t quite sure how she’d confirm it, but for now, stalking—no, observing…seemed like the right way to go in her opinion. Besides, it wasn’t like she had run into her usual sources for the confirmation she was looking for.

Hisayo continued looking down from the building she was stationed on, watching Kakashi walk by. He was reading his book as if nothing had happened and he had been in the village the whole time—not a single hair out of place.

‘Well, at least he’s walking without a problem.’ She found herself feeling relieved over the man’s appearance, though she was still finding herself to be a bit worried over the smell of his blood on his vest. She had even seen the diagonal rip in said vest when he stepped out of the Hokage’s building nearly ten minutes back.

Soon, she found him walking up the steps to his apartment, and stopping at his door, titling his head and looking over his shoulder. “Are you going to come in, or are you going to keep stalking me like a predator?”