Season 2: Chapter 2

The Third Hokage looked up from his work as the door opened and in entered Hisayo and her group. He gave a small smirk before he cleared his throat to speak.

“Hisayo, I believe a have a separate assignment for you to do with Takeshi and Kouzetsu. You three,” Sarutobi glanced to Akira, Suzume, and Ken, “will be on your own today with your own assignment. I’ll have your captain assigned to you shortly. So, if you wouldn’t mind waiting outside for the time-being—I would like to speak with Hisayo alone.”

The three Chunin gave questioning and curious glances to the Hokage, but quietly followed the order, much to Hisayo’s slight surprise. Usually, Ken or Akira would put in some kind of comment in which the other would quickly step in and add on to it, while Suzume would give a sigh and shake of her head before taking hold of both boys and dragging them away. She figured that they could sense how serious the Third was at this moment and wisely chose to leave in the fashion they just did.

Hisayo’s eyes went from glancing over her shoulder at the retreating Chunin, back over to Sarutobi who was calmly exhaling with a small cloud of smoke rising from his mouth. She had to say, she was just as curious as her chunin had been. Rarely did the Third ask to speak with her alone. Usually Akio as around for such things, and during those times, the topic was usually over a certain clan and their movements—or lack of as it had been for almost two years now.

“I received a report this morning of a pack of wolves causing trouble along the coastline of our country. A grey wolf looks to be the one leading this pack…”

Hisayo’s eyes narrowed slightly. “You think Ichiro and the others are the ones? If so, then I can summon them back and-”

“I want to catch them red-handed. I’m afraid that I cannot rely on one’s word when citizens of our country are being threatened. I also don’t want to wrongly accuse a party that has no connection to this.”

Hisayo nodded. “I see. Takeshi and Kouzetsu, have they been informed yet?”

“Yes, and they are waiting at the gate, so I’d like you to leave right away.”

“Hisayo, been awhile hasn’t it?” Takeshi happy hollered while Kouzetsu barked a few times as Hisayo came into view.

“I saw you just last week.” Hisayo gave an amused shake of her head.

“No, no,” Takeshi laughed “I mean since we’ve had a mission together.”

“I suppose you’re right. Well then,” Hisayo gave Kouzetsu a small pat on the head and looked up with a small smile, “shall we?”

“Yeah, so the Third thinks your pack’s been causing trouble huh?” Takeshi asked as she took her seat on Kouzetsu and began at a moderate pace.

“Yes, though I really don’t think it’s them. It isn’t uncommon for normal wolf packs to be living in the Land of Fire, in fact, Ichiro and the others have run across a few.”