Behind the Scenes Special Post #3

Beauty is the Beast Special Post #3

Today’s Topic: Weaponry, Tools, and Jutsus

Hi everyone ^_^

This is post number three of the special behind the scenes for Beauty is the Beast. Reading up to chapter five in the second season of Beauty is the Beast is necessary so you don’t spoil anything for yourself. (Reading also includes season one.) Let’s first start off with weaponry seen throughout the story thus far...

In no particular order, starting off will be Hisayo’s list and use of weapons.

Kodachi: She wields two of these short swords, having both strapped behind her; one that she accesses from over her shoulder and the other that she accesses from behind at her lower back, just at her waist. She was taught how to fight with them by Akio who was taught by his late father, an Ookami Clan leader. Due to her natural affinity for lightning, she is able to form electric currents through these weapons. Satoru also has this ability due to the fact that he is Hisayo’s twin. The only difference in how they came to be taught was that Seiya, Akio’s older brother- who was also taught by his late- father, taught Satoru over the years. He wears both of his kodachi over one of his shoulders.

Let’s go over Hisayo’s other main weapon which she received at the end of chapter 28. They are three silver spheres that she can focus her chakra through to use to either attack or defend. She has very strong control over them to the degree where she can use them at a long range, though she is mostly only seen (so far) using them for short to mid-range attacking and blocking.

Hisayo also uses the standard weapons and equipment such as kunai, shuriken, explosion tags, wire, and so on.

Next up is Akio’s use of weapons.

First off, Akio use to wield two kodachi, which his father had taught to both him and his brother, Seiya. He now opts to just use a single, standard sword which he keeps in a scroll for use when he needs it. The two kodachi that he once had are now in the possession of Hisayo, having given them to her when she was fourteen, just before the unknown incident that took place in the clan that forced them to flee.

The only other weapon he is seen using are kunai which he keeps stowed away up his sleeves. He also uses explosive tags.

Whip: Next is Suzume and her barbed whip that she had started to pick up in the final chapters of the first season of Beauty is the Beast. At first, she was just using it as a regular whip for attacking, but later after the time skip, she is seen at the beginning of chapter one of season two focusing her chakra down the length of it to add a sharp, slicing edge. Also, due to the teaching methods that Hisayo went through with Akio, Hisayo has made it a good point to have Suzume be able to use her whip with either hand, though her dominant hand is her right one.

Meteor Hammer: The meteor hammer used by Captain Hiraku from Grass in the two-part chapter three of season two, has two very heavy weighted ends connected to a chain that he is seen to handle with great ease and skill. When combined with an unnamed jutsu, the meteor hammer splits into several chains that are used in a web-like fashion. He used that ability to save him, Hisayo, and the envoy from a lethal fall. However, due to their location and the heavy weight of the chains, the web-like netting failed. So, it can be assumed that this certain ability of his is meant to act as more of a catch and restrain ability, though that was never confirmed.

Sash: I’m not entirely sure if Kinu’s sash counts as a weapon or not. She relies on it mostly as a defense, though she is seen using it in chapter 27 of season one, against her brother; putting him to sleep using some form of technique. It is debatable whether this technique is a ninjutsu or genjutsu.