Season 2: Chapter 14 - Pt 3

A/N: Alright! It's going to be smoother sailing from here--promise! ^_^ Have no idea why this was giving me problems, but I had been writing a lot for the chapters that are to come after this, so the waits for chapters won't be long. Haven't done a complete check for misspelled words, so forgive me until I get time to go back and make any of those corrections.

If anyone happens to catch any, please tell me where. That would help out a lot! Thanks! ^_^

And because it's been awhile; just a reminder that dialogs and certain other things may be different in order to work with the OCs in the story ^^

Thanks again and enjoy! XD

----------------------------------------------------------

Things were already looking bad for poor Hinata. They hadn’t started to fight physically, but the mental battle was raging and Neji hadn’t looked ready to end it just yet.

“You don’t really want to be here. It’s only because of the other two on your team that you’re here now. You didn’t want to be to blame for holding them back, so you unwilling took the exams.”

“That’s…that’s not true! I…I wanted…to change!”

“Let me tell you something,” Neji said, “People cannot change. A failure is a failure. People cannot change, so that’s why…Terms like ‘Elites’ and ‘Failures’ exist.”

“Che, that boy…” Hisayo’s lip curled up just slightly to show her sharp canines as the boy continued to make Hinata doubt herself.

“It can’t be helped.” Akio only stared at the Hyuuga boy with a stoic expression. That clan had their hardships within their own people, just as the Ookami had.

“He has no right to speak down to her like that.”

“I understand his frustration.” Hisayo turned her glare to Akio who only shook his head. “I’m not saying it’s right or wrong, nor can I say that you or I know that clan or its history in its fullest, but that boy has quite a bit of pent up anger over how his branch family is treated. Wouldn’t it be similar to what you and others have faced in the past, Hisayo?”

“This is different.” Hisayo argued, “There are no impurities in that family. They shouldn’t be this way—bitter and hateful of each other.”

“Yes, I understand, but that young one doesn’t. He is too blinded by the past to see beyond that.”

“He will hurt her more than what’s already been done.”

“The others will prevent the fight from getting that out of hand.”

“It won’t be fast enough.” She continued to argue, much to Akio’s worry.

“Hisayo…you cannot make any scenes with—”

“I know that.” Hisayo sat down on her haunches and let out a sigh to calm herself. It’s just that Hinata was special—not just that she was the heir to the Hyuuga clan. She liked and accepted Naruto when others refused. She believed in Naruto. Hisayo couldn’t see herself allowing for the Neji brat to be so abusive.

That wasn’t the way to deal with his feelings.

 It wasn’t right.

“Hisayo, I know it’s painful to watch, but trust in the others.”

“I do, but that doesn’t mean that I’ll just stand by and do nothing. I can’t stand seeing such mistreatment.”

Akio’s eyes saddened, seeing where Hisayo was coming from, “I understand.”