Season 2: Chapter 15

A/N: So life has really been busy once again! @_@ It's taken awhile but I have ch 15 now! Still working on the last part of the current ongoing chapter special as well (I'm having a bit of a block on some parts for that chapter ^^'') Anyway, I'll try to have that one out before I post 16 ^_^

This chapter is a bit longer than the norm so hope that makes the wait worth it! XD Also, just a reminder that there is only two months left to submit artwork before the deadline of the Fanart Contest I am holding! Look at my profile page for the link to the details. There are some great prizes! XD

A big thanks to all my fans, both longstanding and new! I truly appreciate all of your support! XD

Now, without further adieu!

--------------------------------------------------------

*Start*

“Not really a match, was it?” Akio gave an awkward chuckle.

Asuma scratched at his cheek in embarrassment as he saw his hunger-driven student easily defeated by his opponent. “I suppose I should treat him to Yakiniku for at least trying.”

“Rewarding Choji with food every time he loses isn’t going to help him, Asuma-sensei.” Ino sweat-dropped.

“That concludes the preliminary rounds of the Third Exam.” Hayate announced. “The Hokage will now give you the details for the final exam.”

All those who advanced except for Sasuke were gathered, waiting to hear the Hokage.

“Um, Kakashi-sensei…” Sakura was hesitant to ask how Sasuke was.

“You want to know about Sasuke, right?” Sakura nodded. “To be honest, I’m not sure myself. But…don’t worry about it.” But there was a lot to worry about in truth. He just didn’t see any use in worrying his student when there was nothing she could do. “Well, I’m going to leave, so you three tell me the details of the main matches later.”

“Ah, I’ll be also going I’m afraid, so it’s up to you and Sakura.” Akio told Hisayo, giving a light wolfish smile.

Hisayo narrowed her eyes, “Wait just one minute. You’re both leaving…again?”

“I’m afraid I have important matters to tend to.” Kakashi said.

“And I have to go…to the bathroom….again!” Akio gave the sheepish chuckle of his.

Hisayo growled. “You liars.”

“Now Hisayo, let’s not make any hasty accusations.” Akio began. “Besides, you’re going to want to stay and look after Naruto, aren’t you? So, we’ll be going to take care of our business now. Goodbye!” Akio and Kakashi both flickered away.

“How dare you use Naruto against me.” Hisayo barked. “Sakura, stay here and watch Naruto.” She also flickered away, in an infuriated state, not giving Sakura anytime to even answer.

“I don’t think she’s going to simply stay behind.” Kakashi said as both he and Akio began to make their way to check up on Sasuke.

“Hm?” Akio quirked his head to the side. “You don’t think so?”

“You may have tried to get her to stay for Naruto, but she’s already suspected us for quite a while now, since we returned just before Sakura’s match.”

“And what exactly…do you think I’ve suspected you two of?” Hisayo leapt to be in between the two, looking over both directions to glare at them as they all leapt through the trees towards the village.