6

Hinata gasped at such growl, but she couldn't take her time to comprehend as gaara stood up and grabbed sasuke roughly by the back of his collar, dragging him away from hinata, landing a punch on him.
Sasuke growled at such hit, however he got himself up, and marched towards gaara, and as both were aiming towards each other, hinata got up and with fierce force she activated her byakugan and blocked both fists.
"KNOCK IT OFF BOTH OF YOU..." she yelled.
Both gaara and sasuke heaved as they wiped their bleeding lips and nose.
Hinata then kneeled down as she clutched her chest tightly.
She coughed as sasuke and gaara both panicked.
"I am fine...please stop fighting..." she said between heavy breaths.
Both nodded and hinata then laid back on her bed.
Neji shortly came and asked both Gaara and sasuke to leave.
They both complied.

As sasuke and gaara walked outside the infirmary heading back to their class. Both kept glaring at each other until gaara decided to talk.
"You better leave her, she is better off without you" gaara said
"And who are you to order me around..." sasuke snorted
"You think she is your property, hinata is none's property..." gaara growled.
"I think she has a tongue to speak with, and she is mine and none else...so you better beware not to be close to her" sasuke growled.
"What do you even know about hinata... huh...you even call her Hyuga..., i don't think you knew her first name...you bastard" gaara grinned his teeth.
Sasuke stopped and turned around.
Gaara was right, he always called her Hyuga just to give himself the distance enough to convince his inside that she wasn't important to him. But she was.
In a way he doesn't even know.
Only he knows that he gets that weird anger feeling when she gives her attention to someone else rather than him, that he can't pass a day without her being around or talking to her.
He loves to share his mornings and evenings with her, talk about whats inside. And if he had a chance he could even show her his vulnerability and cry in-front of her.
When she is not around, he feels something is missing.
He wants her to be always with him no matter what.
Sasuke gave gaara a death glare then he said.
"Hinata loves the color red, she love to eat cinnamon buns, and sweet things, when she gets nervous she twiddle her fingers, when she is thinking deeply she swirl her hair, she loves to sleep on her back, sprawled, she drools while sleeping and snores sometimes... she loves flowers and gardening in her spare time...she seems to be overconfident but yet she has many insecurities..." sasuke listed everything he knew about hinata.
"She has two smile, one when she is so shy, when you complement her and the other when she achieves something.." sasuke continued and that was true, gaara's mouth was gaped, sasuke said every single detail about his childhood friend.
For couple of months, sasuke has been involuntarily taking notice to how hinata acts and do.
All these little things that made her.
And again the question popped inside sasuke's head, why is he being so possessive over hinata that much.
Sasuke turned and walked away leaving a bewildered gaara.
Gaara decided to go back one more time to hinata.

After few hours, hinata was discharged, and the chunin exam was over, all students had to go for their private trainers to be stronger.
Hinata and sasuke kept their routine as always, they grew more attached to each other, with hinata being so lively and cherish, sasuke was somehow the opposite but he loved being around the dark haired girl.
She always loved to talk and act childishly around him, with her awkward antics, sasuke always found himself smiling as she talked to him.
Sasuke found himself drifting away from his vengeance road, and more towards forgetting his revenge, only for hinata's sake.
She always told him that killing for revenge leaves you as the murderer, you are no different from them, only your hands will always be stained with blood, and leaves you with emptiness.
And for the first time in his life, sasuke didn't want to kill his brother anymore.
However, many things changed After itachi's attempt to take naruto, in such encounter, itachi gripped sasuke's neck tightly, and as he was going to place him under genjutsu, hinata interfered, to stop him, only for her to be placed instead of sasuke.
Sasuke watched as hinata screamed out loud in agony, he gritted his teeth and marched to assault the adult uchiha, only to find himself placed into the horrible genjutsu.
But it wasn't as it seemed to be, not only he repeated the scenes from his parents death, but also he had seen what he didn't want to see.
Hinata's death.
He found hinata's body being crucified, crows eating her flesh, her blood dripping.
Sasuke screamed in agony, to hear his brother whispers
"Everything you come close to sasuke...slowly dies...you are a curse sasuke"
Sasuke kept screaming in agony, as he was trapped into the horrible genjutsu, as well as hinata.

After two days, sasuke and hinata woke up from the genjutsu after they have been comatose.
Hinata looked at her side to find sasuke being hugged by sakura.
She gulped and tried to suppress her jealousy, in the end, both were under such a horrible thing and must take their times to heal right.
After all their comrades bade them the visit and left, gaara talked over with hinata, leaving sasuke to rest, being tormented in his thoughts.
Because of him, hinata was in danger, the scene was repeated again and again inside his mind of hinata's death.
He has to be stronger,he can't lose her, shall he leaves her? Or shall he stays to protect her! Is she a distraction? He can't lose her! She can't die because of him.
Sasuke decided...he'll leave konoha with orochimaru. And he'll be stronger to protect hinata and exact his revenge.
However his train of thoughts was cut, when he found the door opened to reveal his beloved hinata.
She climbed by his side, and tightly hugged him from the back, pinning her front with his back, her hands around his waist, dipping her head into his back.
At this moment, sasuke couldn't hold himself, and tears started rolling down his face.
Hinata felt and heard his silent sniffles and sobs, but she decided to hum until he sleeps, drowning into her memories of gaara's words to her.

"You were placed in genjutsu because of him, you would have died hinata are you insane.." gaara yelled
"I can't leave him gaara...he...he needs me" she said looking down trying not to cry.
"Hinata... you can't...do this, sooner or later you'll have to part ways...what of the Hyuga agreement with  Kaguya clan?" Gaara said
Hinata tears rolled down her cheeks, she didn't want to remember such agreement, she will change her own future, she can't leave sasuke.
"He needs me...i can't leave him" hinata said
"They'll kill him hinata...leave him to protect him" gaara continued.
Hinata cried and sobbed insanely.
She can't imagine her life without sasuke, many complicated things are taking place. But she won't stop fighting.

As hinata drifted back to reality, she checked sasuke, to find him fast asleep, with his cheeks wet, hinata wiped his tears away, she whispered in his ears.
"I love you...sasuke" and closed her eyes into deep slumber.

Sorry for the late update, this chapter has many twisted things..i hope u understand it so far... things will be revealed again in the upcoming chapters and sorry to make stars_above12 you wait❤️😍