Chapter 20

I twirled around in my pink sparkly dress. Yeah, I was going to the birthday party of Sam.

How did I convince Chace? Well, the thing is… I didn’t convince him. So here’s what happened on Friday.

“Alex?” Chace said, knocking on my bedroom door.

“Come in.”

“Yeah, so I got a call today from Ciara,” he started, standing awkwardly in my room.

I hid a smile. “Yes?”

“Well, Ciara cancelled the get together.”

My eyebrows shot up. I thought she was just going to uninvited us. “So?”

He smiled. “If you want, we can go to your friend’s birthday party tomorrow.”

I sat up. “Really? You’re going to go with me?”

He nodded. “Yeah, I am.”

I grinned. “Great, be ready at 9.”

He turned around to go out of the room. But then he turned to face me again. “Why do I have a feeling that you have something to do with this?”

I looked at him in innocent confusion. “Who? Me? That’s stupendous.”

He shook his head smiling and left the room.

I curled the last bang framing my face. Wow, I looked amazing.

I had on a pink sparkly short cocktail dress with black heels. My hair was in a bun at the top of my head with my bangs out and curled as they framed my face. I had done black and pink make up and had on some black bangles.

I picked up the wrapped gift and started to make my way out of the room. Yesterday, Chace and I went to the gift shop to buy something for Sam. According to Chace’s advice I bought Sam a whole new Axe Excite kit which had Excite shower gel, body spray and deodorants (dry and fresh versions). For his sister, Karen, I bought stylish designer glasses whose framed could be changed. Karen had a obsession with wearing glasses, even though she had no eye sight problem. According to her, wearing glasses was sexy. Along with that, Chace bought Sam the latest original Rolex watch saying that it was manly and for Karen he bought diamond tear drop earrings, bracelet, anklet and necklace.

I walked downstairs to see Chace waiting at the bottom of the stairs.

“Hey,” I said.

He smiled, looking me over. I took the time to check him out. He was wearing a tight white t shirt with full sleeves which he had pulled back with black denim jeans and sneakers.

He looked yummy.

“Ready to go?” he asked.

“Yes, and do you have the gift?” I asked him.

“It’s in the same bag as your gift.”

I nodded and together we made our way to the car.

It was nine thirty when we reached Sam’s home. His house was mansion huge but smaller than our house. But, it was more beautiful. We finally found a parking spot, it seemed that Sam had invited more people than just the whole high school students.