Chapter 7

My cell phone started vibrating as soon as I sat on our lunch table at school. Quickly I picked up without looking at the caller id.

“Hello is this Alex?” a voice on the other end asked.

“Yeah, who is this?” I asked curiously.

“It’s me, Chace,” he said.

My eyes widened and I looked at the screen of my cell phone. Where there should be a number, was written Private Number.

“Where did you go?” he asked impatiently.

“Why are you calling when I’m in school and how did you get my number?” I hissed.

“I got it from Ciara and because I wanted to tell you that don’t make any plans with your friends to meet up later,” he said in a matter of fact voice.

“Why?”

“Because, we are going to a beach party,”

“We?”

“We means you and I idiot,” he said. I could just hear him roll his beautiful eyes.

I hope that they get stuck that way.

“Why are we going to a beach party?” I asked.

He sighed. “It is a celebration for the new season of Gossip girl, many other celebrities would be there,” he paused. “And anyways, mom says that I have to take you with me or I’m not allowed to go at all.” He said a bit annoyed.

Of course, he would never willingly want me there. “Fine, bye.”

“Thank goodness,” he muttered. “Bye.”

I look at my cell phone for a minute but then shook my head. Chace Crawford was a very weird man.

“Who was it?” Nathan asked, eating his apple.

“Her lover, duh,” Natalie put in.

“Lover?” Emma asked, “You have a boyfriend and you didn’t tell me?!”

“He is not a –”

“You are taken?! And all those years I believed that you were a lesbian!” Kyle exclaimed.

I look at him aghast. “I’m not a –”

“Damn man I believed the same!” Jake said surprised.

“Guys shut up!” I yelled finally.

“What?” they all looked at me with a ‘what the hell is wrong with you face’.

“How could you think that I’m a lesbian?” I demanded looking at Kyle and Jake.

“We never saw you go out with anyone! If a girl is hot and nice, she is either taken or a lesbian,” Kyle said.

Jake nodded. “Yeah, and because you weren’t taken, we thought you were a lesbian,” he finished, Kyle nodding in approval.

“I have to say, I was looking forward to some lesbian action from you,” Jake said frowning. “You ruined all my dreams Alex,” he said pursing his lips at me.

I gaped at him.

“You both are idiots,” Nathan said amused.

“Okay so tell me Alex,” Emma started, “Why don’t I know about this ‘lover’ Alexandria?” she asked all business.

“Well… you see…” I said trailing off.

“Tell them Alex,” Nathan said.

“What?” I looked at him incredulously.