Chapter 31

26th of December –the date on which I got married. And today it was it. It was finally a year to my marriage. Days fly by so fast…

I have to say I was a bit nervous. Tonight’s party was going to be grand and somehow I had a feeling that I shouldn’t go tonight.

“Hey,” Chace said as he came and sat beside me on the breakfast table.

“Morning,” I replied grumpily.

He chuckled. “What’s up?”

“The ceiling,” I answered sarcastically.

“Wow, a beautiful ceiling that is,” he replied humoring me.

I shot him a look and he grinned. “Are you still worked up for today?”

“Yes.”

“Don’t worry; the decorators will change this place an hour before the party.”

I kept eating my food. What a wonderful husband I had… couldn’t even decipher that I wasn’t upset over the decorations.

I decided to give him a hint. “Today is going to be a year.”

“Uh… anniversaries do mean a year of marriage Alex.”

“I don’t want to come.”

He looked taken aback. “What?”

I sighed and put down my fork, facing him fully. “I don’t want to go Chace.”

“Why not?” He questioned as his eyebrows knitted together.

I stared into his eyes. “I… damn I feel stupid saying this,” I laughed bitterly, “I think as if something is going to go wrong.”

He laughed. “It’s alright Alex, you are just nervous.”

I looked away. “Yeah… but, I really do feel as if something’s gonna go wrong!” I insisted.

He rolled his eyes. “Come on Alexandria. It’s only conscious talking.

“Can’t we cancel it?” I pleaded, looking at him again. “We can do it tomorrow!”

He shook his head. “We have sent the invitations already. So many people would be getting ready now.”

I gave him an incredulous look. “They are getting ready at 10 a.m.?”

He shrugged. “They must have cancelled plans and stuff.”

“Chace there is still the whole day. Please.”

He looked frustrated now. “Exactly. There’s still the whole day, so you can change your mind.”

“Why are you not listening to me? I don’t feel good!”

He left his food and stood up. “So many people are coming Alex and you are only looking at ‘yourself’. Just face the party. It’s only going to be of two-three hours.” With that he left me gaping at his back as he left for his shooting.

With an aggravated groan, I turned back to my food –which didn’t look appetizing anymore.

He was such an insensitive person! He annoyed me to no end and I had no idea how I could still love him. After washing my dishes in the sink, I went in the sitting room to watch a movie to pass my time. I decided on watching the Lord of The Rings: The Fellowship of The Ring.

It was now 2 p.m. and I had nothing better to do. I decided to go to my room and find a dress for tonight’s party, even though I had a great mind to leave the house and return tomorrow. But I knew Chace would become angry.