Chapter 26

I packed another tuxedo moodily and matched it with a tie and shoes.

“You have more clothes than me,” I muttered glaring at the growing pile that was waiting to be packed.

“I am an actor. I need to look good,” he said shortly.

I gritted my teeth and glowered at the walk in wardrobe where Chace was presently picking out clothes to be worn in our ‘honeymoon vacation’.

After that dinner in which Dana had told us that we would be going on a honeymoon, Chace has been in a dark mood. And as he had never apologized for missing my Graduation and never even said a kind word to me since; I was holding a grudge against him and refused to talk to him nicely.

“I am an actor. I need to look good,” I mocked in a five year old girl’s voice, mumbling it to myself.

“I don’t sound like that.”

I jumped. “Ah!”

I gawked at Chace who was now standing right behind me. “You were in the wardrobe,” I told him.

He rolled his eyes and emptied the contents of the bag that I had packed.

“Hey!” I exclaimed flabbergasted and frowned at him. “What do you think you are doing? It took ages for me to pack that!”

He raised a dark eyebrow, and I have to admit he looked attractive, and stared at me. “It took ages for you to pack four t shirts, two jeans and three tuxedos?”

I glared at him. “Yes. And now you just ruined all of my hard work.”

“These weren’t even folded right!” He held up the t shirts and jeans.

I glared. “Well sorry if I don’t know how to fold clothes!”

“What type of wife are you? You don’t even know how to fold clothes!” He bellowed.

I gawped and flared angrily. “Fine then; you and your clothes can go to hell.”

I put his ties, which I had been holding in my hands, on the bed and stomped out of the room. I trudged to my room, locked the door behind me and sat cross legged on the bed seething with anger.

Who did he think he was? Yes, he was an actor, and millions of girls loved him but still he had no right to speak to me like that! I knew how to wash and iron clothes, it wasn’t my fault that I could never get them folded right! And anyways, he had maids in this place that usually came to the mansion when I was in school; he could have asked them to pack for him.

I sulked and refused to cry. I was never going to talk to him again. I vowed.

Just then a knock sounded on the door. “Alex?” a soft voice asked.

I looked away from the door, refusing to hear anything.

“Alex?” the voice asked again, gentle than the harsh tone he used previously.

I puffed my cheeks out and refused to say a word. The door knob jiggled.

I heard him sigh. “Come on Alex, stop acting like a baby and grow up.”

My head whipped towards the door so fast that I was afraid of a muscle strain. Did he just… call me a child? My nostrils flared and I got up, moving towards the door and pulling it open just as Chace raised a hand to knock again.

His eyes were hard and cold when he saw me. “Good thing you decided to grow up.”

I narrowed my eyes at him and punched his chest. “First you miss my Graduation,” I landed a punch to his chest.