Chapter 32

I walked into the house with a big smile.

“Chace!” I called.

Today was 8th July and I was back from London to America for my summer holidays. Six months before Chace had finally said the three words to me. And frankly, they mean the world to me. I guess it somehow secured the marriage bond between us. We had gotten closer than ever in the few days I had remained there and then went back to my University. I still remember the day I was leaving…

“Do you need to leave?” Chace asked putting his forehead against mine as I waited for the announcement of my flight.

I laughed. “We have had this talk before. I need to complete my education.”

He frowned. “Complete it here.”

I pulled away. “No can do,” I replied with a grin.

He rolled his eyes. “I am just going to let you know that I am very upset. Very.” He emphasized the ‘very’ dramatically.

This time I rolled my eyes. “Sure.”

He smiled, making his grey eyes twinkle. “I love you.”

A smile lit up my face. “I love you too.”

Just then, the announcement came and I pulled away from him and went towards my friends who were standing to the side.

“Bye guys.”

They all hugged me and then I went on my way.

I couldn’t wait to see Chace. We had contact through messages and Skype but it wasn’t the same.  He didn’t know I was coming today –I wanted it to be a surprise.

I put my suitcase down and went in the kitchen and was confused to find that no one was there. “Hello?” I called and heard my voice echo.

Frowning, I started for the stairs. Even my steps echoed in the empty house. When I turned towards the hallway of Chace’s room, I heard faint noises. Confused, I silently made my way towards his door, grabbing a vase from the nearby table, and crept like a ninja near the door. There was probably a burglar in there.

The voices were slightly louder now, but they were still muffled. Suddenly I heard a moan and my eyes widened. Did the burglar hit himself?

Without a single thought, I threw open the door with a war cry and froze in my steps with mouth agape at the scene.

Chace was pressed to the wall, with his shirt off and eyes opened. His hands were gripping a girl’s shoulders tightly who had been kissing him and pulled away as I entered.

“Alex,” Chace breathed in relief and pushed the girl off, coming towards me.

But I had seen enough and I stepped back as tears rushed to my eyes. He froze and then his eyes widened considerably. “No!” He cried desperately while reaching for me. “Alex, let me explain!”

I sniffed and stepped away. “There is no need to,” I said thickly, my voice laced with tears as I choked on a sob.

“Look she came onto me!”

“You told you loved me,” I said feeling my heart break in my chest.

“I do,” he whispered. “I love you a lot –”

“But he loves me more,” the girl said snippily and I turned towards her. Now look who it is; Lindsey Lohan herself.

Chace shook his head angrily. “Shut up,” he told her and came towards me. “Alex, love –”