Chapter 16

I gawked at the person who had just walked through the door. Dressed in a purple button up shirt and blue jeans with white sneakers entered a model behind the janitor. Unruly, umber hair messily combed and grey-blue eyes twinkling in hope and anticipation, it was none other than Chace Crawford in our school.

He looked around the class as screams erupted from the girl’s mouths. His eyes went through each girl’s face and captured mine just as I was about to duck. Just like in a corny movie, the whole class froze and all sounds went unheard. It was just me and Chace.

Slowly, a heart stopping smile spread over his face and my eyes were drawn to those luscious lips. A blush spread over my cheeks as I remembered the night he had put those lips on mine. Tearing my eyes away, I let my eyes wander up and down his body again and saw that in his hands was a bouquet of flowers, a big and I mean big teddy bear and a plastic bag. My lips turned down in a scowl when I saw the girls who had latched themselves around him.

They were all gushing and screaming at once so it was hard to understand what they were trying to say. The only people sitting down were Natalie, Emma and I along with the boys in the class.

Chace looked away from me and back at the Mr. Jackson and our Physics teacher. He must have said something because the two of them started to shush the girls and made them sit back on their seats.

“Hey everyone,” Chace started in a strong, confident voice. All girls swooned and replied with multiple sultry ‘hey’.

“Well I have got an apology to make but after that, I can give all the autographs you guys want. Okay with you all?”

Multiple ‘yes’ erupted and Chace smirked at everyone. His smirk dropped as he saw me glaring at him and a sheepish expression came on his face.

“Hey Alex,” he said in a small voice.

I gritted my teeth. Sure, make me look like the bad guy here.

I removed my eyes from him and firmly started to look out of the window.

I heard his footsteps before I saw him in the pin drop silenced class. I guess he sat on his knees because I could see him from the corner of my eye.

“Alex, look at me babe,” he said pleadingly. My eyes stayed attached to the window; I’m not going to look at him, I’m so not going to look at him.

“Alex,” he whimpered. Damn it!

I sighed and hung my head and turned towards Chace. “What do you want?” I asked grimacing.

He smiled and lent forward till his lips met mine. I froze. He was not supposed to kiss me –it made me turn to mush! He gave me a sweet kiss while I just parted my lips a bit in surprise.

I heard gasps all around us and a few cheers from the guys, I even heard the clicking of the camera shutters.

He opened his eyes and I saw clear disappointment in his eyes. I felt hatred fill me. Yes, I wasn’t the best kisser in the world but at least he could just hide his disappointment towards me like a gentleman!

I scowled at him and was about to turn away again when he said the words I didn’t expect from Chace.

“I’m sorry,” he apologized in a clear, even voice. I saw guilt in his eyes. “I’m sorry for what I did and I hope you can forgive me,” he grabbed my hands in his. “I wasn’t thinking straight and I just,” he hung his head as his voice broke but then he looked back up to meet my eyes. I was surprised by the determination I saw there. “I deserved all the words you said to me and I have nothing else to say but sorry. Please Alex, I’m really, really sorry.” His eyes kept boring into me and the first thing that came to my mind was that he was being too sweet, a bit too sweet for my taste I think.