Chapter 30

“Stop that,” I snapped.

“Stop what?” he asked grinning.

“Poking me!”

Hudson grinned. “Nope,” he said as he popped the ‘p’.

I grimaced and looked at the snowfall through the window in the library of the University. I had made many friends here in the past four months including another close friend named Hudson. I sighed as I stared at the white landscape longingly. I wanted to go home. Home to Chace.

We had talked each single day just as promised. I had made sure that I completed all of my work and that I could give Chace one hour of my time. I made sure to call my friends up and we had talked whenever we all had time. However, I was deeply homesick now. Tomorrow was 21st December and my flight back to California. I was excited and couldn’t wait; twice I wanted to go to the airport and wait there till my boarding.

But a part of me didn’t want to go back. In ten different magazines these past months I had seen Chace with a different girl –some from his work and others which I was sure were from some club. My jealousy didn’t reduce when I saw him with his co-star Anna Kendrick in What To Expect When You’re Expecting movie. His Gossip Girl acting didn’t help either; the way he could look into a girl’s eyes and woo her. It was true to say that each day my heart broke again and again but I mended it together with the thought that it was all a misunderstanding and he was just pretending. But maybe if I go back he will stop. I mean, he had been a sweetheart for months, what could have gone wrong now?

He saw the beauty in other girls that isn’t in you. You aren’t a model. Or even beautiful.

I gritted my teeth. Yeah I was insecure; a reason I fought so many times with Chace. I was pretty and even classified as cute. But I wanted to be beautiful, so that I actually looked good when I stood next to him. And not like a child.

I turned towards Hudson trying to stop thinking. “Are you sure you don’t want to come with me?” I asked the hundredth time now.

He shook his head. “Nope. I am happy here in good old London.”

I rolled my eyes. “Your parents are cool with it.”

He shot me a look. “Yes they are. But I meet my parents only on holidays. They deserve to see my face on Christmas.”

I bit my lip. “Sorry,” I apologized.

He gave me a crooked grin. “Don’t worry, we will Skype.”

I grinned. “Yeah we will.”

With that, I stumbled back into my thoughts of insecurity, Chace with other girls and missing my friends.

_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_

I looked around the airport of California and yawned as the afternoon Sun made me blink my eyes rapidly. Where the hell was Chace?

I dragged my suitcase behind me as my eyes flickered around the place continuously to find my handsome husband. I sighed heavily and stomped towards the Taxi stand; knowing Chace, he must have forgotten that today was my flight back.

Just as I was about to call out to the man in uniform to call a taxi for me, I was grabbed by the shoulder and pushed into a strong chest. A wonderful scent of cologne filled my nostrils and I smiled.

“Hello.”

My smile turned into a grin and I turned around giving him a big hug. “Hello back at ya!”

I heard Chace chuckle into the crook of my neck as he pulled me up into his arms tightly. After a while I pulled back with a Cheshire grin.

“Missed me?” I asked teasingly.