Ink my Love

Being pregnant while attending summer classes was hard.

Not only Millie had to get up every thirty minutes to throw up in the bathroom, but she couldn't even stay focused on her professor's speech for too long — sleepiness was part of her daily routine.

But how could she think about books and essays when she had her little bean inside of her? Her minds just flew to the pretty colorful overalls she would have bought for her baby. Oh, and the name. The holy name, the one Finn and Millie hadn't discussed about yet.

They still had three months before finding out the baby's gender, even if they both hoped and felt it was about to be a girl.
Their own baby doll.

It had passed another month now, and would you look at that!

The first signs of a baby bump were showing, and she couldn't be happier. Her stomach was still pretty flat, enough for hanging around normally, without judging eyes pointed on her through the corridors of the building.

Unfortunately, people still didn't find normal that a girl could be pregnant at such young age.
And she had still three years of college to go.

But Millie never cared about what people said about her, anyway. Back in high school, they always defined her a beauty but a funny girl, even if she never saw herself that pretty.

So, with her head held high, she walked around the corridors, books clenched in her hands, ready to go to lunch in a pretty bistrot not very far from her college.

Tapping her t-bar heeled shoes on the side walks out of the building, Millie was so about to listen to her music with her headphone before she caught the usual chatter... about her.

Seems like some things never change.
The typical mean comments and gossip about her appearance, not that she wasn't used about it.

Still with her headphones on her ears, she hadn't played Spotify yet. She was really curious to hear what the students of her class behind her had to say.

"Like, I can't stand her. She always feel superior, and for what?" A girl said quietly, chewing her gum, and pointing at Millie with her gaze.

She was walking in front of them, with her headphones on.

"I don't know, she always has that dreamy look, always with a book in her hands. She feels so alternative, it's literally irritating." The other friend raised a brow, judging her appearance once again.

That day she was more colorful than usual.

"Fake hipster, I'm telling you."

"She's beautiful, though." The only guy in that group of people pointed out; Millie's beauty was really not something you could not notice.

"Yeah, but behind that facade she's just super odd. A weird ass."

"Yeah, she's not like common people, too different from us. This is why she always stays alone."

"With that body? Nah, I doubt she could stay alone. Too pretty, to be honest." The guy shrugged, not really wanting to insult her

Millie always minded her own business in class, and she was gentle with everybody. No need for his friends to tear her down for their clear jealousy.
Girls could be mean for nothing.