Double

MARCH

Eventually, things got a little better, and after thirty days and nights, March came, bringing the first glimpse of Spring with it.

Even if Millie was trying to move on, following her father's advise, and Finn was trying his best to be a good and loyal fiancé just for once, their story was far from over, since their paths were about to cross again.
And that night, specifically on March 15th, was about to prove it.

"We are going to have so much fun tonight, Millster!"

A voice exploded in the car, filled with the usual enthusiasm that characterized that energetic personality of his.

Noah Schnapp was like that: you couldn't stop him. He liked hanging out with people; he liked being at the center of the attention; he liked making people feel good and loved. Laughing was his best feature, it came naturally to him and he could always bring joy into the most barren situation. A jewel, a concentrate of ambition and positivity, qualities that Millie always envied him.

They immediately understood they were meant to each other back in the days. She was so quite the first days of high school, while he was just a clown who made everybody laugh in class with his silly and stupid jokes.
And one morning, when she laughed out loud at one the dumb things he usually told, they talked, clicking immediately in their own dimension. And the rest, was story.

"Yes, I hope so! You taking me out for dinner? That's new!" Millie said, finally feeling a little bit happier with his best friend around.

He was back from New York for a weekend and of course he couldn't miss the opportunity to spend some quality time with her. Last time he saw her was at a Christmas and he perfectly knew she needed him: he was the one who was always there for her, to lift her up when she fell.

"Okay, well, maybe I forgot to tell you something." Noah said, eyes locked on the road in front of him.

Millie's eyes got curious, "Um?"

"We won't be alone." he rushed to say, hands rested firmly on the wheel and not daring to look at her in the eyes.

She was about to be mad, he already knew it. Call it a connection, a simple fact that he knew her better than anyone else, but he always knew when Millie was about to scream.

"Excuse me?! Noah, no, what the hell!" she exclaimed, almost scandalized, her lips parted into an astonished expression.

"Yeah, it's a double date."

And that explained why he got her that dress from his design department and he was elegantly dressed with a Fendi suit, cream colored, that exalted his beautiful and sweet honey eyes.

"A double what?!"

Unbelievable. As her arms were crossed, she felt the rage growing inside of her body, all covered by that amazing white mini dress her best friend gifted her; it was short, with a scoop neckline ruffle tank straps and a ruffled mini hem. The details were golden. Like her personality.

"Yeah, yeah, I know. You hate me now, but I can't really stand to see you like this for another month, Millie. It's not that deep anyway. I just... want to help!" he vented, trying to make her see the point.

The intentions were good. The New Yorker was the best friend anyone could wish for and he seriously didn't want to see his Millie cry again; he was exhausted to hear her sobbing on the telephone and having panic attacks everyday.