Fairytale

Finn couldn't stop staring at his Millie while driving back home.

God, he never felt so light. Free, like a bird in the sky. A crescendo of emotions twirled inside of him; happiness, joy, ever lasting pleasure. A loud laugh burst out of his lips, as frenetic joyful spams were contracting his stomach. All of those meant that yes — he won.

They were winning.
It was almost over.

He laughed and laughed, maniacally, releasing all of the previous tension; the corners of his eyes watered because of that lovesick euphoria. After all of this time, Finn was high of unashamed happiness. And regular drugs couldn't give him the same effect. Nicotine, cocaine, heroine, painkillers, everything wouldn't stand a chance if compared to Millie — she was raw energy, she electrified him, giving the colors he needed to feel and perceive life as something wonderful that went beyond normality.

"Why are you laughing?" Millie curiously asked, while tucking two strands of hair under the fiddler hat gently provided by her future husband.

He shrugged, accentuating a joyful grin, "I am just happy you're not mad at me anymore. And that we are going to stay together, baby love."

"I am so happy too! I can't wait to tell it to dad!" Millie clapped her hands excitedly, hoping for the best.

Oh. David Brown.
Another difficult pawn to deal with in that messy game.

True, Millie told Finn that her father wanted her happiness and, even if he would have said no at the very beginning, he would have followed her just to give her the life she deserved. Because no matter what: her father was her knight, her fighter.

David always fought, and never surrounded. He was her model of life: always working, never complaining, doing mistakes as all humans beings, being sweet with everybody, and a mom and a dad all in once. Millie was proud to be his daughter. She couldn't ask for a better parent.

"You want to tell him we just slept together? That's fucked up, brat." Finn clearly mocked her, driving lazily and without hands as the road that connected the countryside to the city was a horizontal, empty line.

"What an idiot! I was referring about the marriage! Do you want him to kill you?" She rolled her eyes, blushing heavily.

For Finn, it wasn't such a big deal.
But to her it was. Those were not things you could discuss easily with your parents. Perhaps, with a mother it would have been easier. But she had just a dad — a protective and caring man who really didn't want to know  anything about her love life.

"But it isn't a taboo. Seriously, did he ever take in consideration the fact that you are not a kid anymore? I mean, what does he think? That you are going to sit in your bedroom all day? Reading books for the rest of your life?" He asked with his annoyed tone of voice, clearly not agreeing with David's reasons.

"It's... complicated." Millie quietly replied, and that response was not what he expected from her.

He really hit something deep. And he didn't want to kill their collective happy mood, so he simply let it go.

"Sorry, baby doll. I didn't mean to—" He sighed, holding her hand and resting it to his lips.

He kissed it lightly, and she couldn't help but feel relieved. Twenty four hours like that, spent with him, by his side, were like Paradise.