Sparkling

"No way I am going to do this shit."

It was a cold Saturday morning, a week passed by, and Finn was sat on his bed, with a dark and pissed look. Lilia was close to him, serving him breakfast — a task that Millie usually did, but it was Saturday, and Saturdays meant going home for her.

And he didn't like it. He hated that Millie wasn't there. The fact that the annoying brat wasn't teaching him or spending time with him was driving him crazy, and his bad mood kept growing because a news had just arrived.

"Bad mood today, Mr. Wolfhard. Why for?" Lilia asked with a know-it-all smile, as Finn's bitter eyes landed on her figure.

"Shut up. This is my usual fucking mood. People piss me off and it's no news." he said while rubbing his hand through his messy curls and exhaling deeply.

Another sleepless night. Another night wasted thinking about his life being a mess. He was so used to it, by now. He just laid there, on his mattress impregnated with roses perfume, staring out of the windows, slowly looking at the exterior and how the colors of the sky changed: from a deep and dark blue to a gloomy and grey morning light.

"Just because of an invitation to a party?"

"A party?" he scoffed, ready to throw the tray on the floor, "This is not a causal party where I can pretend to be happy with those fuckers surrounding me. No. This is a fucking disgrace." he ground his teeth as he took a bite of his French toast, frowning while chewing it.

And he was not even hungry. He was just in a bad mood and nobody or anything could make him feel better.

"Because there is a theme, right?" Lilia questioned more, staring down at her boss eating his food with reluctance.

Finn nodded after taking a sip of his orange juice, "Pre-fucking-cisely."

"And what's the theme? Who organized it?"

The housekeeper knew that she didn't have to pressure him, because the inevitable consequence would have been him basically blowing up like a bomb and destroying things. But, in a way, she knew he just needed to talk and to let it all out: Finn Wolfhard wasn't a mystery for her, she knew him better than herself...

"A dude which is kind of important in the business. It's his birthday, and I can't miss it. And the mother fucker thought that doing a 70s theme party was the idea of the year."

"Oh, and you will take Miss VanderWaal with you?" she asked even though she expected a quite obvious answer.

Finn frowned, "Who?"

Well, maybe it wasn't quite obvious as she thought. And the fact made her smile a bit.

"Grace...?"

The CEO's expression was a mix of an horrified and mortified expression, "Oh yeah, her. No. She is London and she has to go to a conference with her dumbass father."

"So who are you going to take with you?"

Finn blocked her right away; her tricks and her questions were all leading there. But he wasn't weak, and he wasn't stupid: she already fooled him one time, there was not going to be another one.

"You already fucked me up that time, Lilia. I am not going to be a fool twice. I won't take Millie with me. It's her free day and I don't want her." he sighed as his mind concentrated on the figure of Millie.