Red Roses

As the week passed by, Millie was getting used to that style of life, and she was happy about that new environment.

Sure, the first days had been difficult: she kept getting lost in the mansion -where am I?-, she always misunderstood what floor she had to clean - wait, I hadn't to clean this floor but another one?-, someday she even forgot where the kitchen was - oh my God i didn't know this was the bathroom, I'm so sorry! -.

But things were getting better day by day, and college life was still the same.

That day, it was a Friday of October, she had just done her exam, and she was glad that first week were finally over; she could finally take a breathe and relax herself a bit; while walking to the mansion, she thought that next day she was supposed to get back home, but in a way... she didn't really want to. She loved her new home and her co-workers were all nice people.

Sarah, the cooker, was a sweet, lovey lady in her fifties, who she found exquisite and adorable, and once the lady understood Millie loved chocolate cookies, she baked some for her to take at college as a snack.

Lilia coordinated all the work in the house, organized events, making sure all the things were at the right place. They usually had dinner together and chatted a lot, before going to sleep. They used to have hot chocolate or tea in one of their bedrooms, listening to some soft music and talking about life in general.

Millie loved her company; she was sure Noah would have loved her. She was true, with a beautiful soul. And for her, that was enough.

The blonde girl once told her that her boyfriend worked for Mr. Wolfhard too, and he was always with him because he was his personal driver. His name was Gaten.

"He is an angel. He is cute, with blue eyes and such a charisma. He is amazing."

Millie always smiled when she heard her talking about her boyfriend; it must have been nice being a love. She wondered when that would have happened to her.

In her free time, when she didn't have to study or her job as a maid was over - and she didn't have to wear that silly blue uniform - Millie stood in her bedroom or in the garden, reading her books, losing herself in far away kingdoms, past and scenarios. Her favorite at the moment was Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.

Her day was about to end, her tasks were completed, and once she got home, she took her book with her and sneaked out in a fraction of the garden she absolutely loved: it was full of flowers, specifically yellow and white roses, and there was a floral circular swing made of leaves and lilies on which she always sit on while reading.

With the light sunset gently caressing her skin, Millie felt she was in Heaven. She wore a white fluffy cardigan on a pink dress, white tights and her converse. Her hair was just falling gently on her back, and in the light, it seems clearer, almost blonde in the ends.

Everything surrounding her smelt nice; the perfume of the flowers, the fresh grass just cut, her new flavor of shampoo made her olfattive senses dancing together in harmony. She never felt that way, so peaceful, independent, finally doing something right, gaining money for her future. The wind of freedom she was facing was dangerous but it was a challenge she was most gladly to win.

But her peace was interrupted by an almost pissed scream.

"Hey! You are going to ruin my lilies!"

Millie looked up and waved her head; who talked? It was a male voice and she had never heard it before.

She closed the book and, still sat on the floral swing, she focused her gaze on a man, dressed with denim overalls and yellow gloves, staring at her with a irritated look. He was getting closer quickly.