Baby Doll

MAY

"Listen, I'm gonna kill her and that's the fuck it."

May had finally begun, sun shined, the sky had never been so blue, and Caleb McLaughlin had just exploded, blown up like a bomb, trying his best to not hurt or murder the new owner of the mansion.

Since Grace VanderWaal had come back from Milan, packed all of her things and moved in, Wolfhard's house literally turned upside down, because, well, she had that "feminine touch you Canadian folks don't and won't ever have".

"Dude, same. I mean, she imposed me to wear a new uniform. I am wearing a pink tie! And pink leathered gloves while a drive." Gaten whined, thinking about firing himself for good.

But then, who would have taken care of Finn?
It was so difficult handling with his mood swings, his apathy, and his absent look since Millie had gone.
And it was even worse now that the blonde snobby had settled down in the beautiful mansion for, what it seemed, forever and beyond.

After buying compulsively and secretly the beautiful mansion in the poppy fields, Castle Wolfbrown (that was the name he gave it), Finn had convinced Grace in living in his old house, making up he didn't have find the right place for them —a giant lie, of course— and telling her she could decorate their place as she liked.

And Grace, used to have everything her heart desired since she was a baby, just loved the idea of having the control of her own house and doing what she pleased.

"Stop whining, babe. Grace is the new owner and she can do whatever she wants." Lilia finally said, checking for some documents, with her forearms rested on the kitchen counter.

The housekeeper finally smiled accomplished at herself.

Following Grace's orders, she was recruiting a great amount of people for the pre-wedding party organized by the heiress herself.
It had to be huge, the event of the year.
They would have organized in the garden, near the pool — the weather was simply too good to be true in those weeks.

The first glimpse of summer was kicking in, and the fragrant smell of fresh flowers and tepid breeze made her realize how everything was going terribly well...

Gaten just sighed, with his arms encircling her waist from behind, chin rest on her shoulder, "I know, I am sorry, love. I am just... the situation is going downhill."

"We have been through worst. A pink tie never killed anybody." she said with a glimpse of optimism.

But you see, it was hard being the most positive person in the world with Grace around.

Caleb was just irritated, almost mad as hell: he now had to deal even with Grace's bodyguard, a woman, called Emily, who simply took the control over the security of the new couple. A duty that Caleb already did pretty well, but the girl was sure of the opposite.

"Love, she is gonna be his wife. That means, she will be the one who will take the decisions of the maids here, your task. She already changed their uniform: from blue to, guess what? Pink!" Gaten said, frustrated as hell; why pink was such a big deal?

"She likes pink, okay. And? Give her a chance. Millie would. "

"BUCKINGHAM!"

A voice resounded from the third floor, making almost the floor tremble; and that scream of insatiafaction and rage belonged to the young heiress, of course.

Lilia rolled her splendid greenish eyes as she was already making her way to the last floor of the house; she looked around and saw how her girls, the ones she cared about, were all dressed in that horrible pink uniform and how the forniture around her were starting to change; surely, the VanderWaal didn't have the great style Lilia thought she had.