Trust

The fairytale was about to end.

Millie and Finn's story was close to fulfill in a matter of forty eight hours, and both of them, felt their souls and minds ready for the last step, the last challenge to face. This one had a name: David Brown.

Millie's father needed to come with them, and that was not an option; it just had to be like that. Modine would have probably tortured in order to let both of them give up and go back to Canada. So, yes, the oblivious bookshop owner didn't really know that soon, very soon, his eyes would have met Finn Wolfhard's face again.

He turned off the car, so glad to be finally home from Seattle. Backpack on his shoulder, he brought his tired body to the entrance door. That day was pouring, and it was incredibly cold. He couldn't leave Millie alone due to her phobia of storms.

He saw the light coming from the kitchen: his daughter was apparently home.

"Millie? I am back!" He said, smiling, and closing the door.

He took off his wet shoes and let the backpack fell on the floor. He so needed a fresh beer after all those hours of driving — and David wasn't a man who liked spending time far away from home. He was an ordinary person, the contrary of Winona and of course, the contrary of his Millie.

"Hey, stranger! You're back!" Millie chirped, walking towards him with an apron tied up around her skinny waist and her face dirty with flour.

"Yes, I am! And you literally haven't texted me for all day. Were you so busy to not give a call to your poor old dad right here?" He rolled his baby blue eyes, squeezing her cheek softly.

She shrugged, "Yeah... I mean, I had some stuff to do."

A lot of stuff to do that she really didn't want to share with her father.
Also, as a new couple would behave, she already missed her Finn.

"I will see you tomorrow after talking with your father, alright? First thing." He said, as he had just pulled over the street not very far from her blue house.

He didn't want to get to close.
Not when the sun was still up and his father was still out there, omniscient.

Millie took off her seat belt, cupping his cheek with just a hand, "Tomorrow."

Yes. They would have married in that little chapel in which Finn's parents were meant to marry once they would have reached adulthood. The same chapel that didn't see a wedding because of Eric's premature death. But this time, Finn would have made it sure that a marvelous marriage would have happened.

Their lips collided for a long, breath taking kiss, as she perfectly knew... that good night and good morning kisses were fundamental to him.

Millie's smile faded away as her father finally claimed her back to real life, letting that sweet memory staying in the corner of her mind.

"What type of stuff, uh? Studying?" He asked, opening the fridge and grabbing a can of beer.

"Something more interesting than studying, for sure." She shrugged, blessing the fact that her red face was covered by that thick layer of white flour.