Chapter 29

(Chapter 29)

I looked in the mirror at my three piece gray suit, shutting my ears off to the noise around me, it was the trail. Declan attorney was here and in the court room along with my attorney. I breathed in hoping everything would be fine, Carey and Gabriel were also in the court room waiting they weren’t allowed to have contact with me before court or something like that but it didn’t matter because I was sleeping with Gabriel and Carey spent the night at my house.
“Ash you ready,” my dad asked behind me, I sighed and fixed my time again while checking my neatly combed hair. I had a part on the side and it was combed back much like how my dad wore it but I looked better.

“Yes, oh dad I’m sorry for all the commotion I’m causing,” I mumbled apologizing for my actions he looked into my eyes with his matching blue ones with no emotions. This was how he was in public just a stoic face with nothing ever written on it, quit frankly it was frustrating as hell sometimes.

“Its fine, you have a lot to learn,” he chuckled I nodded and walked into the courtroom. I made it to the front giving Gabriel a little smile and head nod as I sat next to my attorney who was going through the papers in his folder.
“Court is now in session,” the judge said while banging her palate. I looked up seeing Declan’s attorney talking to the judge.

“I’ll be back,” my attorney also went up, I looked at my watch then back at Gabriel and Carey who were both fidgeting they’ve already giving their statements and testified all they had to do was get on the stand and tell their story.

“Ten minute recess,” The judge said I frowned in confusing my attorney nodded to me, I stood up and followed him to the hall.

“They can’t find him,” I groaned you got to be fucking kidding me.

“They have people looking for him,” I sighed and leaned back against the wall while taking off my suit jacket.

“What about Scarlett,” If we can get one then I’m a little bit okay I preferred to get Declan,

“Actually Scarlett is a special case,” I raised my eyebrow special case as in nut job.
“She was supposed to be in a psychiatric hospital, she had been let out for a evaluation to see if she improved, everyone thought that she was making progress they even believed her when she told them about you, I talked to her mother she extends her apologies to you and Gabriel, Scarlett had Borderline personality disorder and severe OCD along with other psychological issues, she’s being sent back to the hospital for treatment,” I nodded that would explain everything with her wild imagination she was starting to remind me of the lady off of obsession, I shivered in disgust, I felt oddly bad for her but not bad enough to go see or anything.

“What happens now if they can’t find Declan,” I asked it was kind of weird why would he file charges against me and not show up maybe cause I filed a bunch against him.

“Its up to the judge in most cases its contempt his charges against you will probably drop since he’s a no show as for yours you can press yours,” I nodded and looked at my watch again it was almost lunch time.

 “Lets go back in, I’m sure we’ll have to retry this,” I groaned I didn’t want to come back for a retrial I wanted it done. We stepped back in the room and made our way to the front where the Judge was sitting.
“You can not produce your client, charges are dropped, my next opening is next month you client will be here next time I’ll make sure of it, there will be a warrant out for his arrest,” She banged her hammer once more dismissing us. I walked back to where Gabriel and Carey were sitting nervously.

“Hey,” I leaned down and kissed Gabriel before going to Carey and kissing her forehead.

“What’s going on,” Carey asked confused I shrugged.
“Declan is missing, they have a warrant out for his arrest, they postponed the trail until next month. Gabriel touched my cheek and stared at me.
“You okay you seem sad,” she mumbled quietly I chuckled and placed my head on her shoulder.