Chapter 23

"AmberClan? Move into StormClan?" Fernstar spat.

    Spottedheart tried to remain as calm as possible. "Think about it," Spottedheart said, with a quiet voice. "We would have AmberClan right here, with us!"

   Ferrnstar's ear twitched. She sighed. "I guess you do have a point," Spottedheart nodded. The leader paused. "But if you do something like that again, without my permission.. I will bite your tail off!" Fernstar grumbled.

   Spottedheart let out a soft laugh and left her den. As she walked into the camp clearing, the sun was setting. As she scanned the camp, she laid eyes on Oceanfur. He was heading to the Warrior's Den. "Oceanfur!" Spottedheart hurried over to the tom. Oceanfur stopped and turned around. "Where have you been all day?" He said bitterly. 

    He must've been looking for me.. "I went to AmberClan today." Oceanfur's gaze softened. "Really? What happened?" Spottedheart looked around to make sure that no one was near by. No one was within the hearing distance. Oceanfur shot an unsure glance at Spottedheart, before she spoke. 

    "AmberClan is joining StormClan!" Spottedheart whispered. Oceanfur's eyes widened. "This camp is far too small!" He spat. Spottedheart sighed. "I understand... But DuskClan is allies with CloudClan!" Oceanfur's eyes grew wide, and he let out a long sigh. "It seems like each day is just going to get harder..." He stared at his paws. Spottedheart nodded. "I'm afraid so..."

    "All cats old enough to catch their own prey, please meet me in the clan clearing for a clan meeting." 

    Spottedheart and Oceanfur padded out into the clearing. They joined the crowd of StormClan cats. Fernstar sat up. "I have news for you all. Please hold all of your concerns, and questions, until then end."

    Suspicipous glances were made, among Spottedheart's clanmates. "The first thing I'm here to tell you is," Fernstar seemed to have chocked on her words. "CloudClan has an alliance with DuskClan." Whispers spread through the crowd. Fernstar continued on, but her voice was swallowed up, by the other cats. The leader hissed. "Stop the gossip!"

    The cats fell silent. Fernstar straightened her back, as she sat up. "Thank you. Now, for good news. StormClan has agreed to an alliance with AmberClan." Fernstar paused. "Tomorrow, AmberClan will be moving in with StormClan."

   Cats hissed and spat to each other. Spottedheart's clanmates were enraged. "We need a group of warriors to help the clan transfer tomorrow," Fernstar continued.

    "If you are interested, please see me. Clan meeting, dismissed." 

    Most of the cats were angry, and walked away. Spottedheart turned to Oceanfur. "Will you be helping?" Oceanfur gave Spottedheart and unsure glance, then rolled his eyes. "I guess," He shrugged. 

    Oceanfur and Spottedheart padded over to Fernstar. Eventually, the whole group of volunteering cats consisted of: Kestralclaw, Shadepaw, Frostpaw, Blizzardstep, Oceanfur, Spottedheart, Eaglestripe, and Whisperingwind. 

    Fernstar dipped her head. "Thank you for offering to help. You shall set out at sunrise."