Prolouge

Many moons ago, one cat made a painful journey...

    Over the shrubs she jumped. Four kits hanging from her mouth. Her body ached with pain from just birthing the four kits. She smelt the border and stopped. How can I mask my scent....... She looked all around. She spotted a mud puddle. Not only would the mud cover her scent, but it would also cover her red pelt. 

    She covered herself in the mud, and waited by the border. She laid down each kit one by one. "My beautiful kits," She began. Pain stabbed her as she licked each one of their tiny heads. She waited and wrapped her tail around the kits. 

    A twig snapped. The red she-cat perked her ears up and growled, as she stood over her newly born kits. A big gray tom stepped out. "Calm down Redheart, it's just me." The gray cat mewed. Redheart's relaxed and sat up. 

    "How did you know I would be here tonight...?" Redheart asked. "Nightstrike, Cherryblaze, and I have been working this out lately. Nightstrike and I have been coming out each night to scout for you. We knew you were going to have your kits one of these days." The gray tom meowed.

    "I have the kits," She revealed them. "Born this very night." The gray tom looked at them. "Beautiful," He mewed. Redheart shrugged. "Which kit are you going to take back.....?" Redheart quietly mewed. "Redheart, you just need to take them back to StormCl-" The gray tom began. "Stoneclaw, you and I both knew this would happen, they need to be in separate clans!" Redheart spat out trying not to fall to pieces in her pain.

    Stoneclaw wanted to just take all of the kits back to StormClan, but knew he couldn't. For such great power could kill all of them. Each one of them must be in a different clan. 

    Stoneclaw sighed. "For I am gray, and so is this kit," Stoneclaw picked up the long-haired, gray tabby kit. Redheart wanted to cry out. She never knew leaving one of her kits could hurt so bad. 

    It was moon high, and the mother and father all stood together... For the last time.  

    Redheart bounded through the forest. Still covered in mud, but only with three kits. She was on territory that she didn't belong to. She stopped when she saw the camp entrance. For CloudClan.

     Redheart turned around and hid by the edge of the border, but could still see the entrance of the camp. As she set her kits down, she watched the two camp guards by the entrance, talking. Redheart was to far to hear them. 

    A black cat emerged from the camp entrance. It stopped and talked to the guards before leaving. The cat walked right past Redheart. 

    Nightstrike! Redheart picked up her kits and snuck around the camp, following Nightstrike. Nightstrike was walking slowly into a clearing. Redheart opened her mouth to speak, but stopped. "Redheart, welcome to CloudClan territory." Nightstrike turned around. 

    Redheart layed the kits down. She looked around before speaking. "Pick one, and make it fast." Redheart whispered. Nightstrike sat up. "Your sister, Cherryblaze just had a kit. A little she-cat." Redheart smiled. "What is her name?"  "Littlekit." Nightstrike replied. 

    "Nightstrike?" A cat called out. Redheart froze and picked up the spotted kit and the brown kit, leaving the white kit. "Take the male!" Redheart whispered as she bounded out of the CloudClan territory. 

    Nightstrike picked up the male and pushed him into a shrub. He looked for the cat who called out for him."Yes....?" Tangleheart stepped into the clearing. "What's a young warrior like you doing out this late at night?"  Nightstrike shrugged. "What's a senior warrior like you doing out here?"

    Tangleheart shrugged. "I was asked to go and look for you." Nightstrike snorted. "I'll be back shortly..." Nightstrike meowed, agitated. Tangleheart, half awake, shrugged and went back to camp.

    Nightstrike picked up the big white kit and went back to his camp. 

    Redheart was traveling to her last stop. She heard footsteps and stopped. A cat jumped out of the shadows and attacked Redheart. Redheart recognized the cat as he pinned her down. She still had the kits in her mouth. "Briartail!" She hissed. 

    Briartail stepped off of Redheart. "Redheart!" He meowed, and licked her forehead. He looked at the kits. "My kits!" Redheart shrugged. "Briarta-"  "They're perfect!"  "Briar-"  "Look at the size of the spotted one!"  "Bria-"  "The brown one has such long claws!"  "Briartail!" Redheart spat.

    Briartail looked at Redheart with wide eyes. Redheart cowered. "Only the brown one is yours..." Redheart mewed. Briartail narrowed his eyes. "What?" Redheart set the brown kit down. "The SilverClaw needs to-"  "You're so wrapped up in that prophecy!" Briartail shook his head. "Just give me the kit, and never talk to me again." 

    Redheart wanted to run away. "Briartail!" She cried out. Briartail picked up the brown kit. "Leave me Redheart." He growled. "Briartail! No!" Redheart pleaded. "Redheart, leave now!" Briartail snarled.

    Redheart picked up the spotted kit and left. 

    Nothing would ever be the same for them.  

    "I guess it's just you and I now darling," Redheart mewed to the spotted kit. 

    "We'll face the prophecy together, Spottedkit."