Chapter 16

Cats were everywhere, sat around the Crystal Pool, sharing tongues, under the full moon.

 "Spottedheart, you sit in front of the Leader Stone, below Fernstar," Blizzarstep instructed. Spottedheart nodded. She quietly observed the gathering scene. Fernstar didn't bring as many cats, as the other clans. She didn't even bring queens or elders.  

   "Let the gathering begin!" Rainstar, leader of DuskClan, yowled, waving his tail. Spottedheart made her way to the Leader Stone and sat down in her position. She wrapped her tail around her paws. She was sitting between Brightmoon, of AmberClan, and Grayflight, of CloudClan. 

    The cats settled down, and directed their attention to the leaders. "AmberClan will start tonight," Ivystar said. "Prey has been well, lately. But three foxes have been found on our territory. Luckily, we have taken care of them. Now, about our cats. Our medicine cat apprentice has been awarded her warrior name, congratulations, Wildflower." Ivystar dipped her head at the young she-cat. Cats began to yowl. Spottedheart was happy for Wildflower, so she joined in too. Once the praise ceased, Ivystar spoke. "Let's hear from DuskClan."

    Rainstar straightened his posture. "Everything is well with DuskClan, and I am happy to report, that we are ready for the start of leaf bare. Also, we'd like to welcome Rockpaw and Owlpaw to the quest of becoming a warrior. Sadly, only Owlpaw could join us tonight." Rainstar said. Cats yowled, and congratulated the young tom. "That is all DuskClan has to share, so Fernstar, if you would tell us about StormClan," Rainstar meowed, dipping his head.

    "StormClan is not well..." She said bitterly. Whispers spread around the spectating cats. "We lost a young apprentice, one sunrise ago, and the patrol she was with, went missing." Fernstar's pelt twitched, as she spoke. Ivystar looked at Fernstar. "How did she die..?" She sounded like a young kit, begging to hear the rest of an Elder's tale.

    Fernstar's claws slid out. "CloudClan cats killed her!" She hissed. "And they did something with our patrol!" She snarled. Gasps filled the air. The whispering got louder. Rainstar's eyes grew wide. "Ripplestar... Is this true?" He meowed, eyes fixated on the black and white tom.

    Ripplestar laughed. "Are you just accusing CloudClan for the reason why your warriors, went to live as kittypets?" Fernstar hissed, at Ripplestar's remark. "That never happened! Stop hiding and let go of our cats!" She snarled, her voice rang through the clearing.

        Rippestar snorted. "What makes you think we took them?" The cats fell silent.

    "I was there! I was in that patrol, Ripplestar! You and a large group of cats were on our territory! You came intentionally seeking bloodshed! We never layed a claw on you! You killed Sorrelpaw, an innocent apprentice!" Spottedheart screeched.

    The three clans started to lash out, at the CloudClan cats, who were ignoring them, still facing their leader. 

    Ripplestar grimly smiled. "This gathering is over!" He called. Ripplestar turned, and faced Fernstar. "You want your cats? You'll have to fight for them!" He smiled and leapt off of the Leader's Stone. "CloudClan, let's head back to the camp."