Chapter 2

Spottedheart padded briskly out of the warriors den. She looked around. Her eyes flicked from side to side. Redheart was no where in camp.

    Perhaps other cats have seen her around, today. Spottedheart padded over to Maplefrost, a queen. She was watching her kits, playing. Maplefrost turned around, as Spottedheart approached her. She welcomed her with a warm smile.

        "Hello Spottedpaw," Maplefrost stopped and her eyes got wide. "Er- Spottedheart! I'm sorry, I'm so used to you being an apprentice." Maplefrost shrugged.

    "It's okay Maplefrost," She slightly smiled. "Maplefrost, I have a question for you, if you don't mind!" Maplefrost's ears perked up as her gaze met Spottedheart's. "Yes?" She mewed.

     "Have you seen Redheart this morning?" Spottedheart meowed, twitching her whiskers. Maplefrost blinked and stared at her paws. "I think I saw her slip out of camp with Fernstar after you were sent to the warriors den..." Maplefrost mewed. 

    Did Fernstar plan this....?  "Thank you, Maplefrost!" Spottedheart meowed. Maplefrost, cheerfully smiled. "No problem. I'm glad I could help!" Maplefrost mewed.

    Spottedheart started to walk out of the camp. She was at the mouth of the cave when someone called her.

    "Spottedheart!"

    Spottedheart turned around. It was Ravenstripe, the medicine cat apprentice, whom was a couple moons older than her, but half her size.

   "Spottedheart, wait!" Ravenstripe called. Spottedheart waited by the cave entrance. Ravenstripe scurried up to the young warrior. "I need an escort to collect herbs, do you mind?" Ravenstripe meowed. Spottedheart smiled. "Sure!" I guess I can find Redheart later...

     Ravenpaw padded out of the entrance, and Spottedheart followed. "Today we need to find marigold, cobwebs, catmint, for leafbare, and poppy seeds." She mewed, breaking the silence. "Maybe we should bring two more cats.. Would you go fetch some cats?" Ravenstripe requested. 

    Spottedheart nodded, and got up. As she walked across the clearing of her camp, she thought about which cats she would choose. How about, an apprentice...

   Spottedheart emerged the apprentices den. Empty. As she turned around, Shadepaw was right behing her, with a bright smile on his face.

     "Hi Spottedheart!" He meowed. Spottedheart nearly leapt out of her fur. She shrugged. "Shadepaw, you scared me!" She puffed. "Oh, sorry," He giggled.

    Spottedheart rolled her eyes, and snorted. "Shadepaw, I have a question." Shadepaw's ears perked, and he studied her face. "Yeah?" His eyes were round, and soft.  "Are you busy, currently?" Spottedheart meowed.

    Shadepaw shrugged and licked his paw. "No. My mentor is on patrol."  He growled. Spottedheart wrapped her tail around her paws. "Would you like to come gather medicine?" Spottedheart meowed. 

    Shadepaw nodded. "It beats sitting here, doing nothing!" He shrugged. Spottedheard let out a soft laugh. "Now we also have to invite another cat to help us with our challenging job." Spottedheart joked. Shadepaw snorted. "Such a challenge!"  

    "Do you have any ideas on who to invite?" Spottedheart meowed. Shadepaw looked around and bounced off. "Shadepaw!" Spottedheart called. Shadepaw looked at her. "I'll meet you with another warrior by Ravenstripe!" He called out and sprinted off. 

   Spottedheart shrugged and walked next to Ravenstripe. "Who are we bringing?" Ravenstripe mewed. Spottedheart met her gaze, and froze. "Er.. Shadepaw, and another warrior." That is if he manages to find a cat!

    Ravenstripe's eyes lit up. "Great! We'll have so much herbs!"