Chapter 20

"Spottedheart, you need to travel to AmberClan, by yourself, and search for an alliance," Fernstar said.

    Fear gripped Spottedheart with sharp claws. "Why alone?" Her voice trembled. She didn't want to be killed. "If you are attacked, no one can see you use your SilverClaw!" Fernstar meowed. "The cat who attacked me would know!" Spottedheart cried. "No they wouldn't, they would just think you put up too much of a fight!" Fernstar protested with a glimpse of hope in her eyes. 

    "Why can't I take Redheart?" Spottedheart pleaded. Fernstar looked at her paws. "Redheart has other SilverClaw duties to fulfill around camp currently," Spottedheart wanted to leave her duties behind, and just hide. Hide from StormClan. Hide from CloudClan. Hide from her clanmates. Hide from SilverClaw.

    "Spottedheart, you need to go to AmberClan, for StormClan's sake!" Fernstar's big, round eyes pleaded for mercy. Spottedheart's nodded. "I need to go, for StormClan..." Fernstar nodded and dipped her head. "Thank you, Spottedheart." 

    Thoughts swirled around Spottedheart's head. She dodged all of the terrain, with her body bolting through the thick, StormClan territory. She jumped over shrubs, tree roots, and thoughts of her life, possibly ending. She came to a halt as she approached the borders of DuskClan territory. 

    The faster way to get to AmberClan, without crossing the river, was to cross through the DuskClan territory. Spottedheart panted from all of the running. As she walked, she searched for a puddle, or something to drink water from. 

    The stench of DuskClan's borders filled Spottedheart's nose. She rolled around, on their borders, trying to get the scent to cover her pelt. She wrinkled her nose, as she realized how bad she smelt. As she padded through the territory, she spotted a small puddle. 

        Spottedheart briskly padded over to the puddle, and crouched before it. As she lapped up the water, her fur bristled, as she sensed another cat close by. 

    "Well, look who wandered onto DuskClan territory," Spotedheart's claws slid out, and she whipped around. She was surprised to see the red tom. "Oh, hi, Bravestorm..." Spottedheart mewed shyly. Bravestorm's ear twitched. "How'd you know my name? I thought we didn't really introduce ourselves," Spottedheart felt a wave of embarrassment flood over her. "Er.. We didn't...Oceanfur told me..." 

    Bravestorm nodded. "I never caught your name." Bravestorm mewed, circling around Spottedheart. "It's Spottedheart." She meowed. Bravestorm smiled. "Well, it's nice seeing you again, Spottedheart." Spottedheart nodded. "Nice meeting you too, Bravestorm." She paused. "Well, I better get going," Spottedheart said.

    Bravestorm's smile fell into a frown. "Oh, alright... Hopefully I can catch you, when you come back." He slightly smiled. Spottedheart smiled and nodded. "We'll see,"