Chapter 11

"Spottedheart," A voice whispered as a paw prodded her side. "What," Spottedheart mewed half awake. "Will you come on a patrol?" The voice meowed. "This early?" Spottedheart asked, almost fully asleep, again. "Spottedheart, get up." The voice hissed. 

    Spottedheart slightly opened up her eyes to see Timbertrail. She lifted herself up on her paws and drug herself out of the den. Rushpelt, Sandfeather, and Sorrelpaw waited at the edge of the camp. Spottedheart padded over to them and yawned. 

    "This is ridiculous!" Sandfeather spat. "The sun hasn't even peeked over the tree tops!" Spottedheart was used to Sandfeather's ignorance. Sandfeather was the cat who mentored her, as an apprentice. "Where's Timbertrail?" Spottedheart asked. "Getting another warrior," Sorrelpaw huffed as she licked her paw. 

    Timbertrail and Oceanfur joined the group. "Why so early Timbertrail?" Sandfeather growled. Timbertrial arched his back and stretched out his legs. "It's always good to get an early start," He meowed cheery. Sandfeather grunted, and stalked away. "Let's get a move on," Rushpelt grumbled, rubbing his eyes, with his large paws.

    The patrol set out. Spottedheart lingered in the back of the patrol with Oceanfur and Sorrelpaw. "When I become leader, we won't need patrols! StormClan will rule the forest!" Sorrelpaw pronounced. "Why would you do that? Rouges and kittypets could stumble into the territories, and take our prey!" Oceanfur meowed. Sorrelpaw frowned. "I guess you have a point." 

     The three padded behind the rest of the patrol when Timbertrail lifted his tail. The cats came to a halt and paused. Spottedheart smelt the air. CloudClan! Timbertrail crouched and flicked his tail tip. Spottedheart layed low to the ground and crept forward. 

    A group of cats stalked out of the bracken. Spottedheart immediatley recognized the first cat. Ripplestar! Ripplestar was the biggest threat out of the leaders. He was ruthless and battle hungry.

     "Ripplestar! What are you doing on StormClan territory, this early in the day?" Timbertrail growled. "We just came to talk." Ripplestar smiled, narrowing his eyes. "Flameclaw," Ripplestar growled with a twitch of his whiskers. "Do you have anything you'd like to say?" 

     A big red tom stepped forward. His claws slid out. "Lately, my clan has been... Hungry, and your clan can satisfy our desires." He snorted. The tom narrowed his eyes at Timbertrail.

    "Hungry for what? Prey or battle?" Sandfeather spat. As the cats quarreled on, Spottedheart whispered to Oceanfur. "We have to get another group of cats! We're outnumbered, and these CloudClan cats don't seem like they're going anywhere!" 

    "I'll show you a battle you coward!" A dark gray she-cat snarled to Sandfeather. Ripplestar rested his tail on the cat's back. "Relax, Crowflame."

    Oceanfur shot Spottedheart and unsure glance and then sighed. "We'd better go soon, or we won't be able to!" Oceanfur whispered. The two cats crept away from the group. As they discreetly slipped away, they bolted back to the camp.

    Spottedheart broke from her sprint, into a walk. She was heavily panting, and her stomach felt twisted, and tight. "Spottedheart, keep going! We need to get back before things get fierce!" Oceanfur meowed. 

    Spottedheart sped up and met Oceanfur's pace. She panted as she ran. The cats bounded into the camp. As the two plummeted into the clearing, of the camp, many cats stared at them, as they created a commotion.

    "CloudClan! Border! Help!" Spottedheart wheezed. Fernstar, who was perched on the Leader's Rock, hopped down, and confronted Oceanfur and Spottedheart. She had a puzzled look on her face, and tilted her head to the side. "What?" She asked.

    "CloudClan is on our borders, and they're looking for trouble!" Oceanfur puffed.