Chapter 21

Spottedheart padded around the source of the river. She relaxed, as the scent of AmberClan was close.

   "I can't take this stench anymore!" Spottedheart growled, under her breath. She slid into the water. The feeling of the water rushing up the sides of her legs, sent a chill running up her spine. As the water submerged her back, she took a deep breath before she ducked her head under the surface of the water.

  Once she came up, she dragged herself to the beach. As she sat on the sand, she licked as much water out of her pelt, as she could. She looked to the DuskClan side of the river. She saw no sign of Bravestorm. She shook her head. This is about StormClan and AmberClan! Not Bravestorm... 

    As much as Spottedheart wanted to talk more, with Bravestorm, she remembered Oceanfur. Oceanfur loved her more that Bravestorm did, for the time being. Oceanfur was acting strange last night... Did I say something about Bravestorm? 

    Thoughts swirled through her mind as she wandered through AmberClan territory. She slightly remembered the path that Longfang led her and Ravenstripe to the camp. Wildflower will want to talk about SilverClaw when I get there... She shook her head. But I can't, I have to talk to Ivystar.

    Spottedheart recognized the path now. She padded along it cautiously. She saw the AmberClan entrance and cautiously, approached to the two guards.

     As they set her eyes on Spottedheart, they both stood up. "I need to speak with Ivystar.."  Spottedheart said calmly, taking one step forward. One of the guards stepped forward. "Not so fast," She hissed. 

    "Windshade, it's okay... I need to talk to StormClan..." Ivystar padded out of the camp, from behind Windshade. "I'm not sure about her... She is the rebel of the forest..." The tom glared at Spottedheart. Ivystar hissed. "Rebellion is good at a time like this, Duststrike!"

    Spottedheart's ear flinched. "Spottedheart, please excuse my warriors." Ivystar said narrowing her eyes at the Duststrike and Windshade. "Follow me, we can talk in my den." Ivystar meowed, padded into the camp.

    As Spottedheart entered the camp, many cats saw her, and had hostile stares. "Have you come for more herbs?" Spottedheart heard a cat sneer, from behind her.

    Ivystar moved the ferns, that surrounded the mouth of her den. Spottedheart padded into the den, nodding politely at Ivystar. "Follow me," Ivystar meowed, as she walked to the back of her den. "I don't want my cats to hear our conversation... Rumors would surely spread." Ivystar meowed, shaking her head. 

    Spottedheart sat down, across from Ivystar. As she wrapped her tail around her paws, she looked up to see Ivystar, letting out a huge sigh. Spottedheart felt a sense of fear, come from the leader. "Ivystar.... What's going on...?" Spottedheart whispered. Ivystar shut her eyes and looked away. "It's true.. DuskClan and CloudClan... They... They have an alliance..."