Chapter 15

"All cats old enough to catch their own prey, meet me under the clan peak." Fernstar yowled. Spottedheart padded out into the clearing, with Oceanfur by her side. The cats quietly gathered, still shaken up, about their recent encounter with CloudClan.

     "As you know, last night was a night that StormClan will never forget... We buried Sorrelpaw this morning. But the clan must move forward, to avenge her. Since tonight is the gathering, we need to decide who is attending." Fernstar said. 

    "Who will replace Timbertrail for the gathering tonight?" Swiftmoon asked. Fernstar sat up. "Spottedheart will serve as the deputy tonight," She responded sternly. Every cat looked at Spottedheart. "Thank you Fernstar." She dipped her head.

    "Are you serious? With all due respect, Spottedheart, you haven't even been a warrior for one moon yet!" Gorsefall looked up, at Fernstar. "She's not that experienced!" Gorsefall hissed. Oceanfur's claws slid out, and he lashed his tail. "Shut your mouth, Gorsefall! Spottedheart is the reason why StormClan is a threat in CloudClan's eyes, now!" He snarled at Grosefall. 

    "Enough!" Fernstar yowled. "Gorsefall, you will be in charge of th camp tonight. Be prepared for a battle.. The rest CloudClan may strike." Gorsefall snorted and left the clearing. "What ever," He hissed.

    "The cats going to the gathering tonight are; Swiftmoon, Whisperingwind, Oceanfur, Frostpaw, Eaglestripe, Spottedheart, Blizzardstep, and Rushpelt." Fernstar jumped down from the clan peaks. "We will be leaving soon." Fernstar meowed. 

    "Spottedheart,"

     Spottedheart turned around to see Redheart. She licked her kit's forehead. "Don't listen to Gorsefall, he's just jealous." Her mother mewed, trying to be comforting. "Trust me, Gorsefall's words won't keep me up at night," Spottedheart meowed, licking her paw.

      "Spottedheart! Come on!" Oceanfur called from the entrance.

       Spottedheart looked back at her mother. "Stay safe. You're the biggest threat to CloudClan." Redheart said, quietly. Spottedheart nodded. "Okay, I'll see you later, tonight!" Spottedheart said, over her shoulder, before she ran to join her mate. 

        Redheart waved her tail in the air, before turning around, and heading for the Warrior's Den.