Chapter 9

"Redheart!" Spottedheart exclaimed as she limped over to her mother. Redheart flinched her ear and turned around. She padded, to Spottedheart's side, allowing Spottedheart to lean on her. Spottedheart lifted the weight off of her aching leg, making it easier for her to walk. "Whoa, slow down." Redheart mewed sternly. Blizzardstep padded over to the two she-cats. "Take it easy Spottedheart." Blizzardstep commanded. 

    "You need rest," Ravenstripe sniffed. Blizzardstep nodded, in agreement. "Redheart, will you take her to the warriors den?" Blizzardstep requested. Redheart birskly nodded, and helped Spottedheart to the warriors den. As they entered the den, Redheart guided Spottedheart to a nest, close to the mouth of the cavern.

   "Lay down," She told Spottedheart.

    "Redheart, we need to talk." Spottedheart said. Redheart met her gaze and her whiskers twitched. "I'm sorry.. I should have told you sooner." She muttered, as she looked away. "You've been hiding everything from me! My kin! Whatever this 'SilverClaw' is! What's next?" She spat. 

    Redheart cowered and sighed. "How else was I supposed to protect you?" She whispered. "Protect me?" Spottedheart spat. "I am a warrior for StarClan's sake! Honestly, telling me would protect me! The oblivion is what I have to fear!" Spottedheart exclaimed.

    Tears welled in Redheart's eyes. "I never wanted to pass the SilverClaw on, but I couldn't stop it, I'm not the final successor!" Redheart snarled. Spottedheart's eyes grew wide. "SilverClaw.. Wh- what is that?" Spottedheart whispered.

    Redheart sighed, as she grabbed Spottedheart's scruff, and dragged her to her paws. "Follow me." Redheart meowed, as she casually walked out of the den and flicked her tail. Spottedheart poked her head out of the den, making sure no medicine cats were around, before she followed her mother. 

    Spottedheart and her mother, were almost at the edge of the cave, when a voice made them look back.

     "Where are you two going?" 

      It was Fernstar.

      "I have to tell her, Fernstar. Something happened with Midnight... I guess he gave too much away,"