Chapter 17

"Ripplestar, you can't just leave!" Rainstar hissed. His tail lashed. "Right after you admit to taking those StormClan cats too!" Ivystar spat. Ripplestar ignored the leaders, and CloudClan left the scene.

   Tension levels were rising between the leaders. Fernstar whispered something to Rainstar and Ivystar, as the cats gossiped.

    What is she saying.... Spottedheart thought. The leaders returned to their positions, and spoke. "We will be holding an emergency meeting in StormClan," Fernstar said. "With the leaders only," Ivystar continued. "All cats will resume, going back to camp. Deputies, you will escort your clan back." Rainstar called.

    Spottedheart padded over to the trail that her clan took to the Crystal Pool. She heard a deep voice, from behind her. "Hey, that was brave of you to stand up to Ripplestar like that,"

    Spottedheart turned around. A charming, red tom smiled at her. "Oh, er.... thanks," Spottedheart responded, embarrassed. "What happened to Timbertrail?" He asked. "Uh, um.... He was on the patrol, that CloudClan has hostage." The cat nodded. "That's too bad, I can only imagine the pain you went through, making a choice to leave for help," 

   Spottedheart tilted her head. "How did you know about that?" He shrugged. "Oceanfur and I talked,"  He's nothing like Oceanfur... He's confident, that's one thing for sure.. Perhaps too confident..

   "Well, I'd better get going. Maybe I can see you at the next gathering...?" He said with a soft smile. Spottedheart briskly nodded. "I'd like that," 

    "Spottedheart! We're waiting!" Spottedheart whipped around. "Oh, sorry!" Spottedheart rushed over to her clanmates. "Timbertrail wouldn't have us waiting like that," Whisperingwind snorted. Spottedheart rolled her eyes and began walking down the path.

    Fur brushed up against her. "What were you doing talking to Bravestorm?" Spottedheart's eyes flicked over to the cat next to her. "Who?" Is that his name? "The cat who you were just talking to!" Oceanfur shrugged. "Oh, him? He just... asked about Timbertrail.." Oceanfur's eyes narrowed. "Just Timbertrail?" Spottedheart nodded. "Just Timbertrail."