One of Those Woman

I decided to take a shower to clear my thoughts. Who did she think she was? Curfew? Excuse me but she was not my mother. I walked out the shower and got dressed. I looked at the clock, 2:35am. I walked into the kitchen to grab a glass of water. Crying? I walked closer. Jessica was crying? I cleared my throat making sure she knew I was in the room. She quickly wiped her tears as she saw me enter the kitchen.

"Sara, can we talk for a moment?" She said sitting at the island. Oh great. I sat next to her on the opposite chair. "There's some things you should know." She continued. I nodded slowly. "I didn't mean to snap at you earlier, it's just-" She began. "For starters, your father is very important to me. I love him with all my heart. And when I found out he had children, I was overwhelmed with joy. Do you want to know the reason?" She asked. I slowly nodded. I had a feeling what she was going to say next.

"I'm one of those woman, who can't have children. As much as I love them. It's impossible for me." She continued. My heart broke. "And for you, I think of you as my own. That's why I got mad earlier. I don't want you to make mistakes that you're going to regret. You can never be too sure about pregnancy and such things." She continued.

"I'm sorry." I began. "My dad loves you. I know. I've never seen him so happy in a long time. And if it helps. I think you're doing a really awesome job at night being a wicked step mother." I continued. She giggled at my remark.

"Come here." She said pulling me in for a hug. "Now, off to bed. I have plans for us tomorrow." She continued.