Surprises are Supposed to be Good

We made it to my dad's house. Well, it wasn't really a house. It was a condo. A condo from across from the beach! Also the Instagram photos would be AMAZING.

"Nice to see again Mr. Lopez." A concierge said as we walked into the door. Whoa. Fancy. You probably thought I was a white female. I'm not I'm mixed with a while bunch if Hispanic heritages though I was white enough to pass as a white girl just with a hint of color in her skin. "Need help with your bags Mr.Lopez?" The concierge continued.

"No, I think we got it." My father replied as we made our way to the elevator.

"Was that the surprise? You live in a real expensive place?" I laughed.

"No, that's not it. You'll see when we enter the house." My father said as the elevator opened. "Here we are." My father said as we walked to his front door.

"You're back!" I heard a woman say. Who was that? I didn't recognize the voice. "It's so nice to meet you!" A woman replied excitedly pulling me in for a hug. I gave my dad a confused face.

"That's the surprise. This is my girlfriend!" My dad smiled. GIRLFRIEND?! I know my dad had to move on from my mom but I always thought I would never meet the woman.

"It's nice to meet you." I smiled trying to hide my true shocked feelings.

"You hungry? We were thinking we could take you out for pizza or something. Your dad said was your favorite." She smiled. "Oh, stupid me, my name is Jessica." She smiled as she wrapped my dad to her side.

"Yeah, that would be fine. Um.. Where am I staying?" I said pointing to my bags.

"Oh right. We'll give you a tour." My father said grabbing my bags. I smiled as I walked behind Jessica and my father. The house was pretty big. My room has a balcony. Though we lived near the top if the building so basically I couldn't sneak out.

"You have a bathroom in your room. And a closet over there. I filled it with some girl necessities." Jessica smiled. "Maybe later on today or tomorrow we could go shopping." Jessica smiled.

"You guys could get to know each other." My father smiled. I nodded. I didn't want to get to know this woman. I'm still shocked. I mean my mother moved on and was already married but I still can't get the fact of my father moving on. "Downstairs near the lobby there is a basketball hoop and stuff outside. There's a game room for everyone in the building to go in. And the gym." My father continued. I nodded as I sat on the bed.

"We'll let you get settled in." Jessica smiled grabbing my fathers hand walking out the door. Well the place is nice but I had to get used to a lot of things.