New Friend

I decided it's time for me to start making some friends out here. I can't hang out with Austin and his friends all the time. Or hang out with my dad's girlfriend all the time.

"Hey, do you know where a bunch of teens out here hang out?" I asked my dad.

"The beach, game room, or the diner across the boardwalk." My dad suggested. "Why?" He asked.

"I need friends." I began. "Can I go?" I questioned. He nodded.

"Be back at 4:30. We have dinner plans." My father began. I gave him a thumbs up as I made my way out the door. I was currently wearing white shorts with a long sleeve cropped shirt with my white converse. Today, the weather in Miami was not that pretty. As I walked out the building, I felt a warm wind. I decided to go to the diner. Food brings everyone closer together right?

"Well, hello sweetie, what can I get you?" An old woman said as I sat down at the single seating.

"Um.. Can I get a chocolate milkshake and fries please?" I smiled. She nodded as she walked behind the counter. This place was really vintage, the decorations reminded me of the 50s'. It was like Johnny Rockets but a different name.

"Here you go sweetie." The woman said handing me my food.

"Thank you, Carrie." I smiled reading her name tag.

"What's your name sweet face?" She smiled.

"Sara." I smiled.

"Well Sara, you're on my good list." She smiled as she touched my hair. I smiled back as she made her way to wipe a few tables. She was one of the sweetest people I've ever met.

"Looks like you just met Carrie." A girl my age said sitting down next to me.

"Hi, I'm Sara." I said as I ate a fry.

"I'm Laura. She's my Nona." The girl said as Carrie (Nona) came back.

"I thought you guys would speak. Sweetie, she seems like a sweet girl." Her grandmother smiled. I smiled back.

"I've never seen you around here. You new to the area?" Laura asked.

"Not really, my father lives out here. I'm visiting for the summer." I said pushing my fries towards her. We talked for a while. Laughing and sharing jokes. "You should know you are one of the first friends I have made out here." I smiled.

"Who was the first?" She laughed.

"Basically, he turned out to become my boyfriend a few days ago." I laughed.

"Wow. How long have you guys known each other?" She asked.

"About a month but his mom is friends with my family. And I kinda knew him before a month ago." I giggled. She have me a confused look.

"How did you know him before you knew him?" She laughed.

"Well.. He's not really a normal person. He's actually Austin Mahone." I said nervously. Her jaw dropped.

"You're dating Austin Mahone??!" She squealed. I nodded laughing at her expression. "How do you keep calm over this?" She screamed.

"Well.. I used to freak out but now I changed. He's normal." I smiled. I looked at the time. It was 4:23. I'm going to be late! "Sorry Laura, I have to be back at 4:30. And I'm going to be late. But we should talk again!" I said jumping from my seat. She nodded.

"We should text." She said as we handed each other our phones. We exchanged numbers and goodbyes as I made my way downstairs. I ran all the way to our building. It was 4:28. I didn't have much time.

"Hi miss. You're Nick's daughter. I never got the chance to introduce myself. I'm Jake. The buildings manager." The man smiled.

"Hi, I'm Sara. I would love to chat but I'm going to be late for this dinner thing." I replied. He nodded as he pointed me over to the open elevator. I was jumping the whole elevator ride up to my house. My dad told me to do one thing be back by 4:30 and I'm late to it. He's going to be pissed. I walked to our door and opened it slowly.

"You're not in trouble." I heard my fathers' voice say as I shut the door quietly. Thank god. I walked into the living room to see a group of people. No. I was sweating from running. "Did you take a shower outside or something?" My father laughed. I looked around the room to see someone unexpected. Austin? What's he doing here? He stood there giggling as I stood there confused and sweaty.

"I'm going to go wash up." I said walking to my room nervously.