Part20_A few words

“Good morning my lady. I wanted to wake up my sleeping beauty before leaving but remembering last night I think you need rest. I will be back as soon as possible. Take care of my boy and yourself. Miss me. Your Manik...!” She blinked her eyes to get ride of the tears pricking her eyes.

It’s been 8 days manik went out of country for an emergency meeting. After having severe hangover, when next morning nandni woke up he already have gone. But there was a just note besides her pillow with one red rose.

After having him around she totally have forgotten that how it feels like hell to live a single second without him. How every breath was burning her throat when she was trying to be strong at front of every one.

“Manik....!” She took his name while touching the soft petals of rose. She couldn’t help the smile that crept up on her face. Remembering every single thing and word they shared that night when she was drunk, she felt her cheeks started burning with embarrassment and shock. How she might be such fool to tell those stupid things.

“Oh God...!” She cursed herself million times a day, whenever she recalled that night. She couldn’t forget his dark eyes, how those chocolaty orbs were sparkling mischievously throughout the night when she was entertaining him like a silly girl. Just remembering every odd yet intimate positions they were in, goose bumps bloomed all over her skin. He was gone but warmth of his hands and his body was fresh like it was still spreading over her body.

        -------------

She skipped dinner tonight. She was doing it more often. It felt like with him she lost her appetite as well. All family members were noticing her condition. Their eyes full of concern. After showering and changing into sleeping dress, she sat at the edge of the bed.

She looked back at the pillow that cradled his head since the day they shifted back in their bedroom. This bedroom had lots of memories. She picked that pillow, rubbing her fingertips against it. She pulled it against her chest like it was him. Laying back she breathed in it and his scent was still fresh. As she pressed pillow against her chest, locket under her shirt felt cold against her skin. The same heart locket, other half piece of that she gave him at beach house before getting kidnapped. While holding pillow tightly, her hand clutched that locket tightly close to her heart. She closed her eyes, may be she could sleep.

----------------

Days were passing but still there was no news of manik. He called and informed that he was trying to complete his work and come back asap. But still after waiting for two weeks he wasn’t back. Today he didn't even call. All were worried but they knew it he must be busy. So they avoided to call him, so that he couldn't get disturbed. After waiting for his call finally nandni left for her room with Aaron in her arms.

One more day was over and still she don't know when this painful wait would be over. Making Aaron sleep at bed she joined him also.

        ---------------

A shiny black car entered in Malhotra mansion. Guard came running and opened the door. Manik came out and thanked him. He entered in living room. His hairs were messy, sleeves of shirt were folded up till his elbows. Tie was hanging loosely around his collar. He was looking so tired. He was going to climb the stairs when he saw light was on in TV lounge. Manik silently went to see who was still up in the middle of the night.

“Hi dad. Why you are not sleeping. Are you ok....?” manik asked while sitting closer to Raj who was reading a book.

“Oh young man, finally came back. How you doing....?” Raj patted his shoulders, removing his glasses he placed at coffee table.