part14_was she gone

Days were passing like they meant nothing. It’s two weeks when all were together at parul’s birthday. After birthday nandni never got chance to see manik.

Nights after nights were passing, but she couldn’t sleep peacefully. He was living such life that a simple idea horrified her, made her shudder, forced her to feel such rush of helplessness as she had never experienced before.
Whenever she closed her eyes, his words before leaving the birthday party haunted her.

Yesterday evening was manik's appointment with doctor. After complete examination doctors were going to tell how much his injuries have recovered. Nandni tried to contact Daniel to know about appointment but bad weather caused networks to be disconnected.

Today she came office little early to meet Daniel. She wanted to know each and every thing doctor told about him. Running into building she went straight towards reception.

“Daniel sir came or not yet...!” She asked still catching her breaths. Receptionist nodded her head. Nandni didn’t wait for further second and ran towards Daniel’s room.

       -------------

Victoria entered in Daniel’s room to give few files. After placing at table she was going to leave when Daniel asked her to bring coffee. After giving coffee she turned around to leave when again he stopped her.

“Give that file....!” Daniel signalled towards a file kept at coffee table. Victoria rolled her eyes because she knew it he was troubling her purposely. She went and after picking the file she came back. She extended file towards Daniel but he kept typing at his laptop, totally ignoring her outstretched hand.

“Listen I don’t have whole day to waste on your silly excuses....!” She threw file at table while greeting her teeth with annoyance. She turned to leave when he pulled her back to let her fall in his lap. She gasped loudly, completely unaware about his act.

“Let me go, it’s office. People work here...!” Victoria pushed him away to stand up from his lap when once again he pulled her back.

“I know, but just few minutes for your boy friend won’t bother any employee here. Now a days you don’t give me any time. So busy, huh....?” Daniel caged her completely in his embrace. The more she struggled the more his grip got tight around her. She moved her face away when she got tired of her useless efforts.

“What you want Daniel....!” She asked him still facing at other side. He chuckled seeing her stubborn self.

“I love you....!” as he mumbled lowly, she looked back towards him. Her eyes were still looking for any joke but knowing that he was hell serious, she moved her gaze down.

“Daniel, may I ask you something. If you won’t mind....!” Always his open confessions make her more confused and hurt.

“Anything sweetheart...!” he kept hiding his love around his younger brother when he was alive, but when he was gone he can’t leave Victoria alone to suffer.

“I...I cant believe, how Alexander could leave me. Why my mind still have had stuck, I don’t remember anything, tha...that accident. I don’t remember anything. Whenever I try to convince myself he is no more, I can't believe it. Why my heart doesn't accept it....!” Her voice was shivering, her eyes were pleading for answers. Daniel closed his eyes, he have answers of her all questions but he knew it, her mentally state won’t allow her to believe it.

“Don’t think too much. Give yourself some time....!” seeing her hurtful expressions Daniel cupped her face and pulled up to see into her eyes. Without saying anything he leaned closer, covering distance between their faces.