part5_devil with evil smirks

Nandni opened her eyes and she felt blinded by the rays of sunlight coming through the glass window. She palmed her eyes which were still paining. These two nights, she tried hard to not cry but she couldn’t hold herself any more.

The night khushi brought nandni back at her home she didn’t leave her side for a single moment. She was hell bemused what was the reason nandni behaved like this. But when khushi came to know she was too appalled to say anything. Its been years, Khushi saw manik, when he came to meet KARAN before leaving for London. After years even khushi couldn’t recognise him. No doubt in these 8 years he have changed so much.

Next day nandni couldn’t gather herself to go for office, to face him. She couldn’t share with any one at home when she herself wasn’t sure what was happening. Later even next night, she woke and lay thinking about the way he had behaved. She turned around and Aaron's one glimpse brought a real smile at her face. She pulled him gently against her chest and kissed his chubby cheeks softly. 

“Today mama is going back to office. Don’t trouble dada and dadi jaan. Ok....!” She was talking to his sleeping form. Hugging Aaron closely in her arms she kept laying in her bed not caring about the time. She didn’t feel to get up, she was said to be so desolated, so shattered. Each moment of dreadful night was flashing in her mind over and over again.

Why he convincingly refuted her presence, how he didn’t show any recognition towards her. How her tears didn’t affect him. Where was he these two whole years, when she alone was agonising over all difficulties. All the questions were painful like dagger piercing into her soul. Taking a deep sigh she closed her eyes.

“I won’t let you go that easily. You have to give me answers. You need to tell me how can you move on. Where were you, when your son needed you, when your dad became partially paralysed after listening you are no more. He lost everything, malhotra industries and then malhotra mansion too. Malhotra industry was drowned under heavy loans. I never gave proper time to my baby bcs sometimes I did even two jobs to return all the bank loan to get our mansion back. My heart isn’t ready to accept, you can’t do this neither with your child nor with your family. Then why manik, why you doing this to me....!” She closed her eyes to blink away unshed tears. 

Placing Aaron's head back at pillow gently, nandni stood up and went to the vanity mirror. Slumping at stool she kept looking at her devastated self. Her still swollen eyes were anaemic description of her affliction. She was feeling like, she is sick since ages. Taking few deep breaths, she stood up. Silently vowing to herself that she won't let her fate to win over her miseries. Not this time. He was her manik and she would get him back at any cost. She went to be ready, once again to face him.

         ----------------

Nandni arrived at office on time and directly went towards her cabin. At one hand she wanted to see him but at the other hand his strange jarring behaviour was making her frightened stiff. He was her new boss, she was gonna work under him. This mere thought made her shivered. Opening her room she placed her bag at her table. Just imagining, she gonna face him once again her throat started getting dry. She felt urgent need of few sips of water.

She was going towards kitchen when heavy foot steps stopped her at her way. She turned around and it was the first shock of the day. Her dear boss Mr manik aka Mr Alexander aka Mr arrogant was coming towards his room.

Looking at his mobile he was coming the same direction she was standing. She trembled with chilling shiver, like a flimsy figure in the damp-foggy cold night . She ran and hid behind one pillar just at front of his room. Shrinking behind the pillar, all she could listen her loudly beating heart and his flip-flopping fast steps. Instantly her heart skipped wildly, as he stopped reaching at front of the pillar.