part16_Rain and Tears

Hi sweeties. I hope you all are fine. At last update your response was amazing so here take next update. I tried to prepare it as soon as I could do.
And an amazing news for me is that my story is now eligible for wattys, it's just cause of you guys who loved this story and I felt bound to write it for my lovely readers. It's really happy moment. Love you all. If you need next update soon then you know what you have to do. ;-)

-----------------

As manik placed his first step in the room, he felt strange type of shiver, ran through his whole body. Gathering strength he raised his eyes up and looking at the first thing he felt his breath suddenly changed to short bursts. It was picture of Nandni standing besides...? Nandni standing besides him in her bridal dress. A hard shuddering tremor went through his chest as he slowly moved closer to that picture.

Taking deep breath he turned his eyes at other wall and two more pictures, both hugging each other and nandni laughing in his arms. Then he turned and found her pictures in every corner but looking himself in those pictures brought his sanity at edge.

His heart was hammering so fast, he felt like it would stop any moment. Everything cabir told him, was already messing with his head, but everything in this room damaged it further.

"This...this can't be true. I...I can't be in pictures. This....was This real. But how....!" Manik's breath was coming like short bursts, his words came out in a deadly voice.

Manik squeezed his eyes shut. Everything was tempting to knock his senses out of frustration and all the pictures he was looking at. He took few steps backwards when his eyes landed at every wall where he found with Nandni not any one else but just him. He settled for crushing his hands around nearest chest of drawers, until it's edges left imprints on his palms.

"It's Na..nandni an...and he....????" facing cabir Manik asked pointing towards picture in quivering raw voice. His curiosity was making him drained.

"He's...I mean Ma...Manik...???" He was mumbling like lost ability to actually speak.

"Yes, it's You. Manik Malhotra. Husband of Nandni Manik Malhotra. Only heir of Malhotra industries and son of Raj malhotra....!" as Cabir finished manik felt his knees so weak. He stumbled back when he was going to fall.

"No, it's... oh God. What I did.... when this.... I mean who was....!" he was mumbling, his incomplete sentences. He was trying to speak but couldn't get his voice. His condition was making cabir more concerned about him.

Manik squeezed his eyes shut. All the shocks he got today have messed up his senses. Everything started making his half-cured injuries painful and raw. He was gasping like unable to get enough breath to fill his lungs.

Cabir took huge risk to tell him. If anything happened to him he won't forgive himself. Manik sank into one nearest chair too shocked to register what to do. Manik had no clue where to start and how to digest that what had happened with him and how much his whole family suffered after him.

Cabir moved fast to sit across him on the hard cold wooden floor. He looked at Manik with his head in his hands, placing his elbows at his knees he was looking at floor.

"Buddy. Are you ok....!" cabir shook his wrist so that he can steal his attention. Manik looked up and cabir was stunned, his eyes were red, they were blank. His face was drained of any colour. With one swift motion, Manik scrambled to stood up from the chair. Cabir held his breath and waited for his next action. Manik blinked his eyes, and pushing cabir at side he ran out of the room like cabir wasn't even present there.