123 // TABLOID

LANA MACKENZIE WINS LAWSUIT AGAINST KEITH PETERSON

The past two months have been a whirlwind in the life of Lana Mackenzie. After an anonymous source revealed her secret history with alcoholism, the actress has been viciously targeted by social media trolls for weeks.

Much to our surprise, the anonymous source turned out to be Keith Peterson, a contemporary performance artist based in LA. Peterson reportedly sold the story to media outlets for an undisclosed sum of money.

Lana Mackenzie has taken legal actions against Peterson, suing him for slander and defamation of character. Although most of the statements Peterson has made were truthful, he failed to mention to the tabloids that Mackenzie was in fact sober, and has been for several years. He implied that the actress was still drinking in order to sensationalize the story. This lie of omission is the basis of her lawsuit.

Well, we received some good news for Lana's fans: the Australian actress has reportedly won her lawsuit against Keith Peterson!

The punishment decided by the court is undisclosed but it's most importantly a symbolic victory in Lana Mackenzie's battle against the social stigma that comes with addiction.

The actress has been very vocal about her work with associations against addiction, notably the Sobriety Stride Initiative. You can check out all the links and emergency numbers below if yourself or your loved ones are at risk and would like to seek help.