109 // PHONE CALL

You Are Now Calling: MARJANI KING

"Yes?"

"Please don't hang up."

[sigh] "What do you want Lana?"

"Marj I need to apologise."

"You should apologise to Victor, not me."

"I already have. I went to his office this morning... now I'm extending the apology to you."

"You made me doubt the man I've been with for 13 years, Lana. That's not okay."

"I know. I'm so sorry. It was so out of line... Gosh I can't believe it even crossed my mind!"

"I can't believe it either to be honest."

"I've been spewing so many things I don't mean, Marjani, this situation has made me insane."

[cracks a smile] "You've always been insane babe. Now it's just powered up to a 100."

"Do you forgive me?"

"Come on you know I can't be mad at you too long..."

[sniffles] "Thank God. I literally can't handle this without you."

"I heard you were giving a no-bullshit interview. That's good right? Things should be looking up from here on out."

"Yeah... I wish it were that simple. The public's opinion has become the least of my worries to be honest."

"Why, did something else happen?"

"Yeah, two things... One bad, one worse. Which one do you want to hear first?"

"Jesus... start with the bad."

"Well, I sent a message to Robert apologising... and I may or may not have let it slip that I was in love with him."

"YOU DID WHAT...?!"

[groaning] "Look, I don't even know why I said it... it just came out!"

"But Lana that's a good thing! I mean, it's not the best timing... actually, it's pretty terrible timing... But at least you're finally being honest!"

"We haven't gotten to the bad part, you know."

[heavy sigh] "What's the bad part?"

"He didn't even reply."

"THAT ASSHOLE!"

[groaning] "Marj... he read the message and literally said nothing! Gosh I feel like shit..."

"I can't tell if he's still mad at you or if he just doesn't know what to say."

"Probably a mixture of both."

"But still, what the fuck... you told him you LOVE him?? And he said nothing?? WHO DOES THAT?!"

"I'm more concerned by the fact that he completely ignored my apology... then again it's probably payback for the horrible things I said to him. To be honest I kinda deserve it."

"Shut up. He knows the position you're in. And he loves you too, so I don't know what the fuck is going through his head."

"Oh he definitely does NOT feel the same way. I think we've learned that much."

[rolling her eyes] "I'm not even going to argue with you about that... Let's just wait. He probably needs time."

"Right... anyway... that was the bad, are you ready to hear the worse?"

"Hit me with it."

"I know who the leak was."

"You do?!!"

"Yeah... turns out it wasn't any of the people I listed... in fact it hadn't even crossed my mind."

"Who did it Lana?"

"Regan."

[almost drops the phone] "WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?!"

[tears filling her eyes] "Yeah... my own bloody sister... can you believe that?"

"I'm trying to believe it... but it's just... oh my GOD! I don't understand!"

"Me neither Marjani... I truly don't get it... I know we haven't spoken since December but how could she do this to me?!"

"I-I wish I knew... Have you confronted her?"

"No, I'm just... I'm too disgusted... I don't even know what to say."

"How did you know it was her?"

"She admitted it to Chris and Chris told me."

"My God... this is beyond fucked up."

"Tell me about it... and my interview is tomorrow, how am I going to be able to speak? I'm gonna be a blubbering mess."

"Hey, don't stress. Did they send you the questions?"

"Yeah. I've already come up with answers but it feels like I'm going to blank completely when the cameras are on me."

"Look I'm gonna come over. We'll go through the questions together, okay?"

"Honestly... what would I do without you... thank you so much."

"I'll be there in 30 minutes. Love you."

"Love you Mar."

Call Ended