35 // TABLOID

COSTARS ROBERT DOWNEY JR AND LANA MACKENZIE SPOTTED OUT ON A (VERY) CASUAL DATE?

Last night, Avengers star, Robert Downey Jr, set to portray Tony Stark for the third time in upcoming movie The Avengers was spotted alongside co-star Lana Mackenzie just outside a local fast food chain.

The pair is pictured in what seems to be Downey's car, in the parking lot of the restaurant.

Shooting for Marvel's The Avengers is currently still ongoing and many rumours have surrounded the secretive production of the highly-anticipated movie

Australian actress, Lana Mackenzie, who is debuting in the Marvel Cinematic Universe as Angrboda the Harpy, has become notorious for sharing pictures from the set, much to fans' excitement.

Seeing the pair out and about has raised many eyebrows without being completely unexpected.

This comes just one month after Downey and Mackenzie's costar, Mark Ruffalo, accidentally revealed The Harpy and The Iron Man were set to become an item in the upcoming blockbuster film.

Naturally, this has sparked rumours of off-screen romance which the pair is yet to deny.

Could fiction meet reality in this (not so) unusual pairing? Follow E! News to stay up to date on the latest scoops and the juiciest celebrity gossip!