Chapter nine

Chapter nine: Not out for long

Dream/Micah waited patiently for Killer to fall back asleep.
Toby layed on Killer's side, the two softly snoring. Toby twitched a few times, maybe doing on of his favorite things, chasing butterflies.

"Killer, are you awake?" Micah/Dream asked. He got no answer.
Dream/Micah stood up silently walking over to the shade wood door, slowly turning the handle opening the door stopping whenever it creaked.
He walked through the doorway closing the door behind himself.

'Finally! A time that I don't have to be baby-sat!' Dream/Micah said in their head walking down the hallway's. He already memorized the -what felt like- maze.

You could already start to see the rays of the sun pop up from the trees and mountain's far beyond. Some say if you chase the sun your wishes would come true.
Dream was tenicly the sun, but no-one would or could catch him. If his wish didn't come true, anyone who catches him wouldn't get a wish either!

----later----

Dream/Micah walked through out the forest, the leaves crincaling beneath him created a statifing sound.

You'd expect December to be really cold and snow everwhere, but ever sence the 'sun' 'died' it has not snowed or has it gotten cold. It was really weird.

The area reminded him of when he first met Toby.

"Ugh." Micah growned pain coming from his arm. He'd gotten into a fight with some random guy that was ovesly drunk. Saying that he was his horrible EX-wife.
Needless to say, Micah taught him a lesson on calling him his EX-wife and really bad words about female's.

"You stupid fox!" A male most likely human. Humans where more violent then monsters. Barking echoed the forest, but it was loudest west of Micah. Another bark sounded and was cut off and turned to a painful yelp.

Micah ran towards the noise pulling the hood of his clock over his face the he stole from a market.

He finally came into sight the male -defently human- kicked the fox again. It flung the fox across the forest floor, throwing leaves everywhere.

The fox got up again refusing to give up.
The human grabbed something out of his pocket throwing it at the fox, it cut their leg but they didn't go down. It just winced. It didn't run away it just stood there. Like it was waiting for someone.

Dream had enough.

He stood up summoning his bow. He put his fingers on the string a bright blue arrow of pure positivity summoning. He drew it back aiming at the mans foot, and let go.

Not surprisingly, the guy hissed looking down at his foot then he looked over at Dream with pure hate.
The arrow disappeared into thin air, human blood staining the leaves.

He grabbed something out of his pocket throwing it at Dream this time. Dream easily dogged. Dream looked down at what the human threw and picked it up. Glass?

The fox slowly creeped towards the human male like he was prey. His tail like a stick so their tail does not swish agents the undergrowth.

The human dug in his pockets again, it's amazing that their hand wasn't cut. Yet that is.

The fox jumped on the humans back digging their claws into their shirt the best they could. The man fell backward almost crushing the fox, if the fox hadn't moved.

Dream pointed the bow and arrow at the man. "Don't move," He ordered circling the man. Dream bent down by the guy's pocket and grabbed something box shaped. "What's this?" Dream asked. "Box of glass. What else?" He replied. "Why are you throwing glass at a fox?" Dream asked, "He dug threw my food supply!" He pointed at the fox. "And that makes it okay to throw glass?"
". . . . . No." He looked away. "I want you to go home. And never throw glass at another creature, if I catch you again doing the samething, I'll kill you on the spot with no regret. Now go." The man imedenty ran away.

Dream stood up holding the box. The fox came up to Dream and barked wagging it's tail in happyness.

"You can go now, your safe from him." Dream told the fox pating their head. Dream turned around and walked away. The fox just followed.

He might just be thanking Dream for saving his life, so he feels like he owes Dream? Or is it for other reasons.

Dream/Micah continued his walk finally turning around to go back so Killer or anyone else fuss over him being gone.

----Not long after----

The sun was now already above the trees which means some monsters or humans will start to wake. Dream stopped the crunching leaves continued then suddenly stopped.
Dream/Micah summoned his bow and arrow turning around in a circle looking for anything that's not normal, that does not match the forest.

A flash of grey and blue could be seen in the corner of Dream/Micah's eye socket. He turned. He suddenly felt heavy. Dream/Micah's apple shaped soul came out infront of him, not like it's usual dull yellow it was blue.

He rose up to the air unwillingly then hit the ground with a lot of force knocking him out.